Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GO FAST
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm running duel 4 inch round headlights off a 01 yamaha warrior and well they suck bad. i like the look but im going to die ridding at night. Now what i want would be 4 inch round lights 2 of them with 55 watt projectors with red halos. That being said i bought everything from ebay fail like i tossed everything in the trash like 150 bucks gone. I know there is someone on here that could build me these. I cant do it i dont have the skill gulp there goes my pride. Is there anyone that would be willing to build these lights for me. I'll give you whatever i cant find anything like what i want anywhere.

OK so what I want
2 4 inch round headlights with projectors and red halo rings
they need to be in the 6000k and 55w one set up for low beam and one for high
mounting they need single bottom bolt mounts
price you tell me your the one building them
help me please

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Check ebay man. They should have something very similar to what you want. You just have to know how to search for it. When you get it you will be able to modify it to fit your bike. We are all about helping here, but what makes it CF is that we find what we like and modify it to fit or make it out right.

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Did you doublecheck your wiring? I find it hard to belive you spent 150 bucks on a headlight and it doesn't have a decent light output.. Can you share the link to what you bought? Also have you thought of changing the bulbs? Sometimes they come with solid housing and shite bulbs. So the actual headlight unit isn't necessarily 'bad'

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,717 Posts
If you're planning to run projectors with HID, you're better off running a pair of bi-xenon projectors instead of one light for high and one for low. Biggest reason for this is that HID's have warmup times, and flipping back and forth too quickly can burn some units out. A bi-xenon unit keeps the bulb lit, but moves a shield up/down going from a low beam to a full spread.

·
GO FAST
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the low would stay on and the high would be the only one that comes on with the switch and it did put out some light but i messed up cutting the housing they moved and i couldnt get them aimed and from not bein tied down right they burned the housings then the bulbs when then only think i kept was the ballast. but i used quick steel to hold them in the housing i just suck at plastic give me metal a hammer and a welder i got it

·
Knows nothing....
2,132 Posts
If you're planning to run projectors with HID, you're better off running a pair of bi-xenon projectors instead of one light for high and one for low. Biggest reason for this is that HID's have warmup times, and flipping back and forth too quickly can burn some units out. A bi-xenon unit keeps the bulb lit, but moves a shield up/down going from a low beam to a full spread.
This is spot on. Going an HID kit in the high beam will burn bulbs and ballasts, plus the warm up period wouldn't give you usable light right away. I would definitely suggest bixenon projectors.

·
Just Here For The Party
696 Posts
I'm sure you've learned this now, but next time try modifying the brackets first before modifying the headlight housing proper.

We've all been caught up in the problem and have done similar things on our builds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.