Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...been the first to do something, that no one has done yet....on a bike or bike build?

I ask this, cause I have been saying...and I happen to believe, "that nothing is new and everything has been done before"....just about....in a lot of threads.

Even for myself, only one of the products I make and sell....do I think...that I was the first to make one up...and that is my SV based plate holder. I have never seen anyone make one just like mine, neither before, or after. Not that its not out there, but I have never seen it.

The rest..been out there before I came into making and selling things....brake hose res delete kits..racers have been doing for decades....clear clutch windows....others have also been doing for decades......quick release tank kits..Sato...overpriced, so I made a simpler version..cheaper and still just as effective.

I take inspiration from other bikes and builders.....for example...just this morning..an thread was started about fighter ADV bikes..and I saw that Strom. I took quick notice of the higher than normally mounted rear brake master, and lengthened push rod.....and BOOM...there is the fix for my rear brake pedal hitting the exhaust...custom master mount, and ordering some threaded rod...and I'll have that issue fixed before I start putting the bike back together.

I, as a wanna be bike builder and master modder, really wanna have one of a kind ideas, and do things that no one has ever done...so long as they make sense.....but I am very rarely coming up with ideas, of things, that are that new and novel.

I just wanna get a feel for who has, or has not....or what others think.

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
It's not new. Just an Under Belly Bike Muffler,small,tunable,and if made from stainless stea,will last a long time.....LIKE FOREVER.....

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Adam and I invented CustomFighters.com :rock: :party-smiley: :D
And we all thank you for that. :D:D:D:D:rock::rock::rock::rock::party-smiley::party-smiley::party-smiley:

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Nope, not me. except maybee using rebar I pulled out the ground at work. :LolLolLolLol::LolLolLolLol::D

·
I, as a wanna be bike builder and master modder, really wanna have one of a kind ideas, and do things that no one has ever done...so long as they make sense.....but I am very rarely coming up with ideas, of things, that are that new and novel.
I just wanna get a feel for who has, or has not....or what others think.
Doug, aside from your other bikes, like me you are a SV1K exponent too, which says alot about you as a motorcyclist.

I reallt think this is one of the most under-rated machines on the market, and ppl don't really understand why we rave about em and never will until they have put one through it's paces on a demanding road trial over a period of time.

I really dig your enthusiasm for conceiving and developing ideas for this particular model, and I hope that the 'spark' like happened when you saw the Strom rear brake set-up ( and them high pipes too) will begin some chain reaction of creativity that ends up being a killa 'must have' product that will sell and keep on selling!

When I left the engineering environment and did a career shift into a different profession, I thought I'd left the workshop floor ethos forever, and wazzin around everywhere on a Bim K1200RS which never let me down (and even when I tried my damnest but still couldnt break) was just a breeze between 5000 mile service intervals at the local agent... Suddenly one day I found I was yearnin to get back to the basics of it all.

Well, I got rid of the beemer, and all thats missin now is the well stocked machine shop where I can get back to doing what I love most....That is, just like what you are doing right now with your DZ products!

Till that day comes, and it seems far distant just now, I'll gladly hook you up to any ideas or problems with this bike that are just cryin' out for practical marketable solutions.

Right now as you know, I'm in the throes of sorting out the Ohlins saga, and not feeling very fucking chirpy. But believe me, when it comes to identifying solidarity with like minded riders...Well I am one of em!

I'll keep ya posted. BB

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I appear to have invented the way of smashing through the credit card limit glass ceiling...har har..now got brand new 3way Elka rear shock fitted and Ohlins table lamp stand Hehehe
I'll take the Ohlins...off your hands for free...if you want. I am sure I could make it work. :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts