Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there guys and gals i have had alot of free time at work so this means been looking up stuff for my future and first bike/fighter. i have ran into a couple dead ends or things that might be so common knowledge people do not talk about it often.

1. i guess i need to be schooled on throttle tubes... i want to use a set of renthal streetfighter bars and driven racing d-axis grips but the bars are knurled at the the ends.. will this effect the stock tube or am i better off getting a aftermarket throttle setup.

2. is my google foo this bad i cant find a seat cowl for a sv650 that streamlines the tail like the targa ones that pop up in the google image search?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have been wanting to play with fiberglass any way so i can pick up a extra rear seat strip the fabric and foam off about make my own.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
hey there guys and gals i have had alot of free time at work so this means been looking up stuff for my future and first bike/fighter. i have ran into a couple dead ends or things that might be so common knowledge people do not talk about it often.

1. i guess i need to be schooled on throttle tubes... i want to use a set of renthal streetfighter bars and driven racing d-axis grips but the bars are knurled at the the ends.. will this effect the stock tube or am i better off getting a aftermarket throttle setup.

2. is my google foo this bad i cant find a seat cowl for a sv650 that streamlines the tail like the targa ones that pop up in the google image search?
I have no idea about the throttle tube and grip, but my guess is it has a set screw or glues on.

I only know of the Targa and OEM Suzuki cowl, for the 2nd gen at least. I'd just take a block of foam and shape your own and then glass over it. I'm considering doing this to mine since the passenger seat has a tear in it and I don't want to recover it.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
You can always file the knurling down if it conflicts with throttle tube movement. Shouldn't be an issue there.

If you have the drive to create your own solo seat cowl, I would definitely go that route. You can pull the locking hardware off of a damaged seat/cowl fairly easily to be able to use it as stock. You can also replace the tail plastics with a race tail of your choice to have an integrated cowl with a more streamlined appearance if you don't need the trunk space.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have looked into the race tail route but because of the internals with the sv650 it would be a bitch and i would have to hack it up to get the tail lights to work.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
i have looked into the race tail route but because of the internals with the sv650 it would be a bitch and i would have to hack it up to get the tail lights to work.
Out of curiosity, are you working with a first gen or second gen SV?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts