Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
HempinZomniax
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some guys here have told me it was coolant in the oil tank others say it could be head gasket, i went online and checked it out thought it was a battery problem, its not.. i have come to conclusion it may be the carbs. they rattle violently, should i get my carbs cleaned or do it myself.

i honestly have no idea what im doing so a step by step for dummies guide would be appreciated..

my bike is unrideable at the moment im quite pissed. i got another offer on the bike today for 3 and am seriously just gonna sell it, im just gonna have to tell the guy it wont run until so and so is checked though.

im screwed either way i think

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
$3, or $3000? First of all, if you got offered $3000, then you should take the money and RUN, no questions asked. Even if your bike was in mint cond. which it's not.

I'm going to assume that's bullshit though and get straight to the bike problem. I'll recap for everyone.

EX500, not sure of the year.

He told us in an earlier thread that the oil was milky and white. That is why we told him he had a coolant contamination. One possible cause would be a head gasket, but there is nothing pointing that direction. Could easily be a water pump seal or something. You also said once that there was "no oil in the tank thingy". So I'm not even sure if the contamination issue is real.

Step 1:

Check your coolant level and see if it looks normal. TAKE PICS.

Step 2:

Check your oil level and let us know if it's really low or what the deal is.

Step 3:

Drain your oil and TAKE PICS of it so we can see if it's contaminated.

Do that and then we'll talk. you are jumping to conclusions like crazy.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
oh, since i can't take anything for granted, do you have a service manual? If not, get one NOW. You can try the shop manual sticky for an electronic copy. If you can't find one, buy one. You will need it.

·
HempinZomniax
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no bs on the offer, im highly considering. he even offered me down payment to retract the add but like i said id have to do the work on it regardless if i sell or not and lol why would is ell for 3? ofcourse i mean 3 grand

so yeah, oil level seems too high, im deff going to have to drain, but im not alone anymore i asked a friend for help. he says hes never done any of what you mentioned but hes willing to try. i trust him.. somewhat and if he fucks anything up tan he owes me some dough..

and they arent conclutions there educated guesses as i read the ex500 wiki and those were my main problems.

oil level seems too high, contaminated deffinitly, the site is still fogged up and gunked up and so is the cap, i dont know hwere the coolant goes, im assuming its the small white tank filled with blue liquid?

·
breaking stuff since 1978
1,530 Posts
i asked a friend for help. he says hes never done any of what you mentioned but hes willing to try. i trust him.. somewhat and if he fucks anything up tan he owes me some dough..
Thats a fucked up way of looking at it.

Hes a mate who is, im guessing, helping you as a favor, not being paid. YOU asked him for help.YOU were informed that he had little knowledge on the matter.and after this info YOU still let him help you.

dude if any thing fucks up. he dont owe you a cent. if you want someone to blame if it fucks up then take it to a shop.

drop the rad hose in to a bucket and see what comes out. comperssion test and check the water pump seal. they are both points were oil and water can mix. and check both. has it overheated since these problems showed up or befor these problems showed up.????

good luck.

·
HempinZomniax
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a fucked up way of looking at it.

Hes a mate who is, im guessing, helping you as a favor, not being paid. YOU asked him for help.YOU were informed that he had little knowledge on the matter.and after this info YOU still let him help you.

dude if any thing fucks up. he dont owe you a cent. if you want someone to blame if it fucks up then take it to a shop.

drop the rad hose in to a bucket and see what comes out. comperssion test and check the water pump seal. they are both points were oil and water can mix. and check both. has it overheated since these problems showed up or befor these problems showed up.????

good luck.

it happened before they showed up, and to be honest he dont care if he has to owe me money, and hes the type of person whod go out and buy a 500 dollar computer go home and rip it apart.

he dont know what hes doing he just likes to take shit apart. thats why i have to be there to organize the parts and tools otherwise hell be mixing left and right carb pieces

·
CF Pitbull
1,477 Posts
Man,I may be pushing my luck a bit here being that my points are a bit low and Im a "noob" but what your saying is pretty dick.If he is willing to dump money on someone that is not willing to learn how to work on his own bike than he may as well go on ebay and buy you a motor for 500bux and call it a day.You have some growing up to do son.Life is not a bunch of hand outs.And if thats how you are gonna live than fighters are not for you.This is a full time hands on learn it or burn it type of game.Start reading up on your shit,there is no reason why you should not know where your coolant goes! And yes the blue fluid you are talking about would be your coolant,unless for some strange reason you have skill enough to install windshield wipers on your bike and it's washer fluid.But due to the fact that you are willing to let your friend with no background rip into your bike and than blame him for the damages and cost Im just gonna assume the windshield washer thing is most def not the case.Empty the whole bike out.Drain every fluid ya got.Pull up the specs and refill the whole bike.Get the batt charged because Im sure it's dead from cranking it for hours on end.By the way,what year is the bike in question???I ask because I know that there are suckers out there with cash to blow on just about anything..but I see those bikes in flawless shape sell for less than 3000 all day long.Why in gods name would some dude want to buy your problem for more money?? Is the frame made of gold?Are you a celeb that has signed the plastics?Did they make a limited edition that mixes it own coolant and oil and happens to fetch a higher price? Im not here to bust on anyone,and I would have never started in on you if you were not such a wise ass about things.You got guys going out of their way to help you and I bet you have not even laid a hand...no no no I take that back..I bet you have not laid a finger on it trying to fix it yourself.Get a manual as you have been told,pull up all the specs on it,find a forum for your bike,learn it inside and out because one day you may be on the road in the middle of east bumble fuck and have it crap out on ya..what ya gonna do than?? Life lesson Jr. Cocky gets you killed no matter how you look at it,you must give respect to get respect..and if you don't like how your foot tastes,keep it out of your mouth.
~DC~

·
HempinZomniax
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man,I may be pushing my luck a bit here being that my points are a bit low and Im a "noob" but what your saying is pretty dick.If he is willing to dump money on someone that is not willing to learn how to work on his own bike than he may as well go on ebay and buy you a motor for 500bux and call it a day.You have some growing up to do son.Life is not a bunch of hand outs.And if thats how you are gonna live than fighters are not for you.This is a full time hands on learn it or burn it type of game.Start reading up on your shit,there is no reason why you should not know where your coolant goes! And yes the blue fluid you are talking about would be your coolant,unless for some strange reason you have skill enough to install windshield wipers on your bike and it's washer fluid.But due to the fact that you are willing to let your friend with no background rip into your bike and than blame him for the damages and cost Im just gonna assume the windshield washer thing is most def not the case.Empty the whole bike out.Drain every fluid ya got.Pull up the specs and refill the whole bike.Get the batt charged because Im sure it's dead from cranking it for hours on end.By the way,what year is the bike in question???I ask because I know that there are suckers out there with cash to blow on just about anything..but I see those bikes in flawless shape sell for less than 3000 all day long.Why in gods name would some dude want to buy your problem for more money?? Is the frame made of gold?Are you a celeb that has signed the plastics?Did they make a limited edition that mixes it own coolant and oil and happens to fetch a higher price? Im not here to bust on anyone,and I would have never started in on you if you were not such a wise ass about things.You got guys going out of their way to help you and I bet you have not even laid a hand...no no no I take that back..I bet you have not laid a finger on it trying to fix it yourself.Get a manual as you have been told,pull up all the specs on it,find a forum for your bike,learn it inside and out because one day you may be on the road in the middle of east bumble fuck and have it crap out on ya..what ya gonna do than?? Life lesson Jr. Cocky gets you killed no matter how you look at it,you must give respect to get respect..and if you don't like how your foot tastes,keep it out of your mouth.
~DC~

LMFAO wait one sec dude hahahaha, i didnt offer him he asked if he could do it after i told him the problem, he wants it as a quote from his text, a LEARNING experience.

ofcourse hell try it on my bike, cuz he doesnt wanna do his own maintainence on his new 10 thousand dollar bike which he dropped a total of 3 times being COCKY! like your telling me i am, i mam not cocky at all lol im not like chris over there i havnt attempted to impress a group of girls by dropping my bike in front of them.. thats all him

thats why if he messes up my bike HE WANTS TO DO IT, its on him. hes paying and idc what you have to say about it. or he can give me is kawai z6r but i doubt that as its getting repoed.

bought the dam bike on credit and couldn't afford the payments. hes an idiot

·
HempinZomniax
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and my bikes a piece a shit 2003 ninja 500, its up to the guy if he wants to buy it or not when he sees it in person, i put pics up on the add so if he dont like it il keep, if he wants than i suckered some docuhe

who cares i know i wont loose sleep over it

·
CF Pitbull
1,477 Posts
I wash my hands of you. It is obvious nothing I wrote sunk in.
I could have straight laced into you and had you crawling up your own ass to get away from me.I was just trying to save you a little face on here,and help ya out a bit.
For the record,the red knuck does not mean you are VIP around these parts.
Good luck with your shit and I hope at some point it all clicks.
~DC~

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
I could have straight laced into you and had you crawling up your own ass to get away from me.I was just trying to save you a little face on here,and help ya out a bit.
~DC~
This dudes Had the Famous Red Knuck longer than i have...WoW
How am i going to ever keep up :doh: :thumbsup:

·
HempinZomniax
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
~DC~

dude cuz you think you know me and you don't? maybe thats it? maybe is that you assume things and criticize me and call bs on me? i dont wanna read your wall of text if your gonna bash me or say im in the wrong for letting my friend want to work on MY bike that he knows nothing about, like i said hes just wants to rip shit out hes one of those guys. do first than figure out a huge mess later..

why dont you get your head out of YOUR ass and actually read what im saying before jumping to that post button :fu:

and i know what a red knuckle means it says it next to it
douche

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Be patient. You can't expect a solid answer from a couple of posts. Don't bite the hand that feeds. If you want people to help you than quit being a dick.
and also POST UP PICS of what we are dealing with, Noober

patience is a virtue and you're making it harder for me to be patient with you inquiries...

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
and im getting help from the ex500 forums, where they actually help you
I gave you very simple step by step instructions of first steps to take. You havn't done any of them yet.

I'm overlooking all the BS in the following pages.

As a person, I fear you are a lost cause, but I still have hope for you your bike, so when you're ready to talk about that again, please post up, with steps taken and pics.

·
E=MC Vagina
6,908 Posts
I gave you very simple step by step instructions of first steps to take. You havn't done any of them yet.

I'm overlooking all the BS in the following pages.

As a person, I fear you are a lost cause, but I still have hope for you your bike, so when you're ready to talk about that again, please post up, with steps taken and pics.
i only flipped you off for not giving up.we have all gone above and beyond the call of duty to help this dumbass and he doesnt listen....and why would he let a jackass buddy tear into his bike when he's got a guy moms BF i think who has a shop?

lie after lie after lie im done after this post i doubt i'll read anything else he posts.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts