Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ebay PosterChild
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know what thisa bike would be worth its got a blown engine so that is the only fix it needs and the guys wants to know what i will offer him but i have no clue so some help would be great

I have no pics but the bike has been mantained and he doesnt know why the motor blew it just did.

it looks kind alike this but its all white:

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
i dunno about the value dude,where is it located?????
and did he give you any idea what he wanted for it???

those are cool bikes ive allways liked the style of them

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
We soldone from our shop last year with a 30 day warranty for $2500. It had 30,000kms and a repaint (crappy repaint at that). Mechanically sound. If the engine is pooched, the bikes only worth a few hundred. And don't even attempt to rebuild that engine, buy a used one in good shape. Problem with all the Honda VFours was top end oiling. They all had issues with cam wear. My bosses exact words were "in 20 years, I've never seen a VF engine, with no cam wear, but I've never seen one so bad it NEEDED replacing". The topends on them sucked. They are fucking sweet bikes though, I'd love one eventually...too many toys to buy first.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
with a blown motor i wouldnt give em any more than 500...TOPS, more like 300 actually. bikes worthless without the motor. IMO.

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
I had friends that owned that bike back in the mid 80s
One crazy bastard put NOS on it. Called himself COP TEASE
But they did have problems with the cams.
They also made a VF1000R.
It had gear driven cams and body work that was stunning.
But it was a slug.
They sold new for $8000. in Canada
I think the Interceptor sold for under $4000.
Offer to give it a good home. If he delivers it.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i've seen many of those motors break cams in half.

stuff a v-max motor in it and go have some fun :D

·
Ebay PosterChild
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i have a spare cbr f3 motor with all my mods on it but thats still for the f3 i dunno now i have so many options ;)

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
I wouldnt bother, really, its old school, start from a chasis that dosnt need updating, it seems your going the wrong way round with putting a modern motor in a outdated chasis, Just my Oppinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts