Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow fighter fans. I'm Brian from Southern Louisiana and am here to introduce myself. Here are the only good pics I have of my previous project that survived changed of the phones. It was a 95 1100 water cooled Gixxer with a 750 oil cooled engine stuffed in and an R6 rear. I spent about 1 year getting the bike to this point. I got the bike fired up a couple times and then wife bribed me to stay out of the garage by telling me to go get something that runs. I went down to the triumph dealer and got me a Speed Triple. So I prepped the bike for storage and there she sat for quite awhile. I recently sold it to a friend from work who promised to take good care of it. Sure wish I had some of the parts off it for this next build. Yantosh might recognize the windowed clutch cover.

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now my daily or temps above 50 degree driver is an 2008 Street Glide. However, my newest project is this bad boy. 1983 GPZ1100 with only 5500 on the clocks. It hasn't even had the first shim job yet. I'm gonna upgrade the suspension front and back with 2005 GSXR front and back including the wheels. I've got 95% of the parts stashed away. Just need access to the garage to get it done.

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
welcom in from many years back mate !Nice bikes fer sure ,hope that we get ta see tha work progresing inna awesom couple of bild threds;)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I finally got moved out of my apartment and into a place that is going to be home for the next six months. Got the bike taken down as far as I'm going to at this time. Going to replace both front and back suspension with take off parts from 2005 GSXR. Here is how she sits now.

Also a pic of all the take off parts. Don't know if I should hold onto these parts for resale or try and peddle them now and reinvest the funds into bike.

Bspencer

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A little bit more progress. Have the GSXR rear on for a trial fit so I can figure out what sprocket and chain combo I need to order. Rear wheel is just sitting on axle without spacers or anything, that is why it looks crooked. I am hoping to go with a 1/2" offset sprocket and get a 180 wheel in there. We will see how that turns out.

I am waiting on some customer triple trees from our friend here Sebspeed. He also helped me out with the swingarm bushings. So far it has been a pleasure dealing with him. Very professional and keeping me posted on the process on his end.

Bspencer

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Know it did not light up. This was about four years ago for a 750 oil burner. You shipped it to Louisiana. I had a stock cover drop shipped you you directly. I contacted you first on the Old Skool Suzuki board.

Bspencer

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts