Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
Nice and simple... just like I like it.

Would look good with some of the lower parts blacked out.. wheels, rearsets, etc

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
:metal:

looks like you've made some great progress! you almost done or what?

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
I like it a lot! Looks great, love the swing arm.

I have the same arm going on my project bike. What all was involved with the swap? Just the arm and the brake mount?

I'd disagree with blacking everything out. Maybe paint the headers or polish them up. I can't tell if they're stainless or chrome. The pics are small.

I'd maybe ditch the headlight and go with something more one off, not saying it doesn't look good with that light but it was like the one I had. I got sick of seeing other bikes with it. But that's all up to you.

Maybe pick up a nice Earls oil cooler so you can ditch that ugly stocker?

But over all I think it's heading in a great direction. Long live oil cooled.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey
tommy, i love your bike its sweet dude..anyways it was a straight swap for the swing arm...and i kept the brake from the 1990 swinger and it was that simple..i love my 1992 forks i got on there.i want to do some more stuff but at this point i want to ride before the summer is over....so thats the way its going to stay for this season...but next season i got some big plans...

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
nice bike man, i got the same one as yours. What tail is that? and what mods did you have to do to put that tail on the 90 subframe? You install a handlebar riser kit or did you drill your triple clamp and put the universal ones? anyways, that's a sweet bike.

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
hey
tommy, i love your bike its sweet dude..anyways it was a straight swap for the swing arm...and i kept the brake from the 1990 swinger and it was that simple..i love my 1992 forks i got on there.i want to do some more stuff but at this point i want to ride before the summer is over....so thats the way its going to stay for this season...but next season i got some big plans...
Thanksl yeah man...ride it now, work on it over winter.

You're heading in a perfect direction with it. Ride it, feel it and I bet you'll even get new ideas.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Very nice ride, good work and very good choice with one the best basis bikes to build a fighter.
I would just suggest to cut the seat section and maybe a little off the tail to get it closer to the
frame that the proportion with the gas tank gives a smoother picture overall.
And I would choose a 6” rear wheel for the wide tail.
But overall it's a damn nice bike you build up there.

p.s.: what USD is it? looks a little too long, but it's maybe just the picture

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice bike man, i got the same one as yours. What tail is that? and what mods did you have to do to put that tail on the 90 subframe? You install a handlebar riser kit or did you drill your triple clamp and put the universal ones? anyways, that's a sweet bike.
hey dude..the tail is off a 2003 gsxr 1000 i cut off the old one and welded the new one on, and moved all the electrics under the seat....the risers i welded on from a crf450 and put some fat bars in there..works good

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice ride, good work and very good choice with one the best basis bikes to build a fighter.
I would just suggest to cut the seat section and maybe a little off the tail to get it closer to the
frame that the proportion with the gas tank gives a smoother picture overall.
And I would choose a 6” rear wheel for the wide tail.
But overall it's a damn nice bike you build up there.

p.s.: what USD is it? looks a little too long, but it's maybe just the picture
the forks are from a gsxr 750 1992..it was easy fit...and i would love to do that with the tail section but i have to have a seat for the wife..

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
Oh there just Optima projection beam fog lights. If you want I can go find the model #.
If you scrape off the fog coating and change the bulbs to 80/100 it lights up the road really nice.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts