Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Fast ZX-12R
17,962 Posts
Welcome, 50's not old, hell your just getting started.

Reactions: oldrider

· Premium Member
21,386 Posts
Welcome! 50's a great age! Oh...and you'll love the site! :rock::metal::yeah:

Reactions: shotgun

· The Glistening Turd
2,987 Posts
Welcome and the rattle you heard on the CBR more than likely was cam chain rattle, very common and easily fixxed with a manual tensioner. But if ya dont trust it, can't blame ya for being smart with your money.

· ShamanFighter
23,654 Posts
^^^^^what he said bout cct...but theres always another bike out there thats better than the last thats why theres so many to choose from

· Lee
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The guy would not want to budge on the price, it was probaly still a good deal but I am still so up in the air of want I want to do I dont want to end up with 2 or 3 old bikes and my wife giving me the red ass about it.
I will be looking thru the site and checking craings list.
Lee

· Eff Tee Pee
29,545 Posts
welcome Lee, better getcher bike together by summer cuz us northeasterners are gonna be hanging out!

Reactions: shotgun

· Lee
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
welcome Lee, better getcher bike together by summer cuz us northeasterners are gonna be hanging out!

I got a nice 98 BMW GS 1100 that is up and I put 300 miles on it last weekend..
I picked up a 83 Interceptor tonight. I have to do a shit load of work to do and I have to
figure out the path forward... Fix as original or pull boby work and make a fighter out of it?
1st order of business it to get it running. It turns over and fires but has old gas and the carbs probably need a good cleaning. I will be searching for tank cleaning procedures..
I will post up pic when I get them tomorrow or Friday...

· The Glistening Turd
2,987 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.