Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I finished this project a few months ago, thought I'd share some pics with this forum.

The bike is a 2003 FZ1 with yellow base coat and "ghost" graphics. I wanted to keep the graphics understated, hence the use of 3 or 4 pearls in the scheme. From far the bike looks solid yellow, bet as you get closer, the more details becomes apparent.

The front is a custom 'one off' fiberglas piece with a gixer 1000 headlight '04. There is a custom fender extender on the front fender, and the frame cut outs in front have been filled with some mesh filled fiberglass inserts.

The rear fearures moulded in break lights also. The penske shock and new chain / sprockets round out the rear of the bike. The MIVV exhaust also matches, although unintentionaly.

Of course a bike like this just has to have Pod filters!!!! Also, in a role- reversal for streetfighters, I opted for clipons and ditched the stock handlebars. A KOSO guage does the needfull in place of the stock bulky cluster.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
WOW. Great bike man. lots of work into that one!!!

great first post, glad to have you!

WELCOME TO THE SITE!

·
Registered
526 Posts
^^wut he said^^

·
Registered
526 Posts
2003 is old school? Wut does that make my 96? :confused:

·
Registered
526 Posts
If 03 is old school then my bike gets senior citizens discounts at bike nights and gas stations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

The "Old School" reffers to the style of the bike more than the age.

Truth is that you don't see many modern bikes with side draft carbs anymore, so that became the theme for the project. Plus I love the look and sound of individual POD filters on a bike!

Here are the other pics showing the PODS, rear light work and one more of the tank detail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys,

how do you enter the streetfighter of the month thing?

Also I would love to find out about any commercial product for reducing handle bar vibes (besides par snake). Its becomming an issue since I converted to clip ons.

Thanks

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Try filling the clipon's with lead shot. Sounds dumb, but I'm serious. I did that on a friends bike once and it worked great.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts