Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mpo/4680845439.html

My wife says it's time to thin the project herd and she's right. It's sad and embarrassing, but this project has been sitting for a while and now I have to admit that I'm not going to have time to finish it.

This is a motorcycle with a GM Quad 4 engine (the Quad 4 features fuel injection, 4 valves per cylinder, and 150 horsepower). This project is a good start, but it's not for the faint of heart because considerable work will be necessary to finish it.
The idea behind this project is to combine big horsepower with a performance-oriented chassis and without the bulk of a V8 motorcycle like a Boss Hoss. The bike features forkless front suspension with hub-steering, adjustable rake angle, two wheel steering, and shaft drive. The layout and suspension are mostly complete. In its present state, the suspension supports the bike and it rolls, but the hydraulically articulated steering is not plumbed. The engine (including the computer and wiring harness) and transmission were taken out of a car with only 20,000 miles. The tires are new. The drive train needs a gearbox at the rear axle. Other unfinished details include; plumbing, wiring, seat, etc.

The photographs indicate what is actually included, plus there are some additional items not shown (such as the wiring harness, etc.). This project is in the Dallas Texas area. Please contact me by email.

Attachments

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
I can't figure out how the power is applied to the wheel, or how it would be applied.
I'm thinking he probably welded the diff inside the fwd trans bolted to the back of the motor then was gonna run a jackshaft of some sort to the motorcycles drive shaft. If not that's how I would finish it off?

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Or maby
Thats a rwd bellhousing with a plate welded to the back it kinda looks like he wanted to run the motorcycle drive shaft directly off the fly wheel through the hole in the right side ..... but that would mean its only a single gear??? That is fucking weird!

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
I'm thinking he probably welded the diff inside the fwd trans bolted to the back of the motor then was gonna run a jackshaft of some sort to the motorcycles drive shaft. If not that's how I would finish it off?
Would be my guess too. Ad says the engine and trans came from car but it still needs rear wheel gearbox. Which to me sounds like he was doing a conventional(ish) shaft drive and never got the final drive sorted.

Also worth noting as unfinished is the "hydraulicly articulated steering" - for a two wheeled steering system, natch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts