Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
i like the gas tank tail section waaaaaaaay better than the other option you tried. . . BUT i didnt like this:

looks like a rear fender off of any metric cruiser out there.

look at this one:

shorten it up a bit...few inches for sure. cut off the flanges on the bottom, just clean it up all around. i think it'd look great. just dont mount the tail light, blinkers, and plate there please.

:twocents:

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
I like the second pic adam posted, but I would tilt the tail up a lot. enough so the fender flowed better with the lines of the seat.

have you considered a motocross seat and tail? that would look real sleek. The seat would be taller and narrower. You could prob find a enduro tail with a light super cheap. A lot of people take them off bikes like a wr 450 to use the motocross fender.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the second pic adam posted, but I would tilt the tail up a lot. enough so the fender flowed better with the lines of the seat.

have you considered a motocross seat and tail? that would look real sleek. The seat would be taller and narrower. You could prob find a enduro tail with a light super cheap. A lot of people take them off bikes like a wr 450 to use the motocross fender.
I think I'll look into that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Decided to paint the cafe style seat, I think it looks better in paint.

Put on a new tank and just waiting for some racing seat foam and it'll br done!

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
i think since ur gonna use the new tail if it was kicked up a lil bit it would look a lil more at home on the bike

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
i said it before, i think the gas tank tail was infinitely better. :twocents:

Reactions: daxabone

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
pretty nice. i think you need some clip-ons to go with that tail though

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I built the gas tank tail, I cut to much off the seat pan to mount the tail section as solid as I wanted. I would need to find another seat on ebay and wait for it to ship.
Clip ons would make more sense, except that I'm too big and too old to break my neck and back riding it. I'm 6'2", 300lbs and 60 years old, working on my third heart attack! My wife says I look like a circus bear riding it anyway.

Moab rocks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts