Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so she may not be pretty but I'm so close to getting her on the road that I can already taste the bugs in my teeth. I've got one last thing mechanically to do and that is replace the injector orings that seal them inside the rail. That being said, the only nine dollar piece of rubber I'm buying to seal that tight of a space will fit around my dick and leave it 100 hundred percent std and pregnancy free. Suzuki can go fuck themselves. There's got to be an alternative. Any ideas?
I read an s2000 had similar injectors, but ironically mine's sitting an hour away with a blown engine (no bullshit... they tell me I'm hell on vehicles). Other than that I haven't seen anything else. The auto parts stores seal their injector ring boxes and there assorted fuel orings have two of each size so even if I did open one and find the right size, I'd still need four boxes. Will the black be ok to use and just replace more often? I can find them all day.

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
I'm on a phone so I can't see your signature (if you have one) but I have no idea model/year of your Gsxr or what it looks like as I don't see a pic.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh shit duh, 06 gsxr 600. My bad. I just got thru running around to the parts stores. S2000 injector orings are special order down here. Looks like I'm making a road trip, unless u guys have something for me. What about ac orings, the other mechanic I work with suggested them.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
the only nine dollar piece of rubber I'm buying to seal that tight of a space will fit around my dick and leave it 100 hundred percent std and pregnancy free.
Just so ya know, condoms are only about 86 percent effective at preventing pregnancy. Think of that next time your fukn a bar rat who liked you gsxr lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha exactly y I'd pay nine for one that was guaranteed... back to the discussion however, beings that I didn't get any feedback other than on my use of colorful language (sorry, after spending a day and a half driving from part store to part store and combing the internet relentlessly for a solution, I was a bit wound up) I'm going to assume no one on here has had to replace the O-rings, at least not the whole set at once. So for future reference, go to http://www.mcmaster.com/#. you'll need your o-ring i.d. and cross section measurements, that is the measurement across the inside of the o-ring and the thickness of it respectively. If you want to check your measurements, multiply the cross section by 2 and add it to the i.d and you should get your o.d., the width across the two furthest points if the outer edge. For anyone looking for the 06 gsx-r 600 fuel injector o-ring specifically the measurments are as follows- i.d. 8mm, o.d. 12mm, cross 2mm. you'll also need the material type you need which in the case of fuel is call Viton.

Unfortunately going this route you will have to order them in bulk, but at $8.53 for a pack of 25, I think you'll find that its about 63 dollars cheaper than the alternative and not have a problem with trying to come up with a use for the 17 orings you have left over. me personally I'm keeping one extra set, taking the other set to my local bike shop to trade for a smidget of brake fluid and using the remaining one to seal the slide on my bong.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Just saw this. I was going to say just give me the dimensions of the groove width and the groove diameter and I'd be able to tell you what standard O-ring size to get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.