Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all lets begin with yes I'm a noob, yes I searched, and yes I hate wiring.
Bike is a 02 Bandit 1200N Single headlight.
I would like to go from the single 7inch round headlight to two 3 inch 16 watt cree LED lights. One spot and one flood. The single headlight has one 3 prong connector (pics below). So in essence I would like to wire the factory switch to run the flood on the low beam side and the flood and spot on the high beam side.

Stock 7 inch 3 prong

To two of these led lights

Thanks, any and all (negative, positive, smart-ass) input is appreciated. :fu:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Blensen for the schematic. Is this using the original switch or on a new switch. Sorry for the green questions ,but wiring is my foe. Need me to fab or weld something i'm there but wiring I hate.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Thank you Blensen for the schematic. Is this using the original switch or on a new switch. Sorry for the green questions ,but wiring is my foe. Need me to fab or weld something i'm there but wiring I hate.
That will use the original handlebar switch and wiring. If you wanted, you could even keep the original plug on the headlight harness and just plug male spade connectors into it. The way I drew it up you're using the stock harness for a signal now instead of carrying current. Because of that, you'll need to add a fuse in-line before the relays. 10A will be more than enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts