Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I like it !! Nice shape to it. Reminds me of some bakini bottoms.............:D :LolLolLolLol:

·
Registered
191 Posts
rdannar....I dont think its the shield. I think its a combo of the shield gauges and lights. The Lights look like they should be where the guages are, but that could be because the angle of the shots. If you could mold the shield to follow the guages tighter I think it would look better. It could also be because the curve of thie shield is so tight at the ends.

Mind you this is just my opinion and I take my hat off to you for attempting to make your own shield.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Yeah, it looks decent, but I'd mount the lights up higher and make the bottom edge of the screen wrap tight around the lights, and then mount the gauges above the lights inside the curve of the shield.

·
DIZZLE
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, the fact that I'm asking for feedback kind of answers my own question. It was suppose to look like it was kind of floating there... and if I move it much in any direction it covers the gauges. I just tried to throw together an old shield by cuttying-shaping it as best I could. My wife thinks it looks like a bug, I don't know, guess i'll leave it on for a few and see if it grows on me.:nuts:
without

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
I give you alot of credit for fabbing stuff. It almost looks like the lights could come up an inch, out aleast an inch, guages back about 1/2 inch and then make a screen to go down to the lights and wrapping around your guages and around the top of the lights. Alot of work but I personally thing the final product would look killer.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
I think it looks great. Might look better a little bit closer to the gauges but it's not too important.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i like it better without.... BUT i really like the blinker idea! thats great!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Maybe see if you cant fabb a bracket up that will allow you to mount the lights in front of the gauges then go from there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
here is the screen on my bike that i fabbed up myself...

bought the lights, made some brackets ,and cut and bended some lexan to make the sheild. came out pretty slick i think...

my bike is still in the building stages...haha!

·
Registered
149 Posts
yeah, i will take a closer picture tommorow to show how i shaped brackets to hold the windsheild. thanks for the interest in my bike!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts