Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think about the 2000 honda vtr 1000. i want a v twin bike. my dream is a 97 tlsbut around here in mid indiana you aint findin one and if you do its steep. i can piece a cean title ebay bike to gether for under 1500 if i go ith a vtr. but i really want a put together tls for 3 g's.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i think the VTR fighters look hot! not a lot of em out there either.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Speaking of them, where has radioaktiv been lately?

I like VTR's. A very underrated bike in my opinion and it would be different. TL's are sweet fuckin' bikes, but I've always had a liking for the VTRs.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what im wondering is how do they look cleaned up. are there a bunch of ugly wires and hoses. thats what the tl has going for it. and that extra 25 horse

·
kokomo. the TL is the way ahead...If it's hard to find one, get a
SV1K and make the best of it with selective tuning...you wouldn't want the widowmaker rotary damper suspension (unless that adds a Lil spice??) would ya :eek:

·
236 Posts
VTRs are sweet. I think you are SOL on finding more on here. Just Radio and me that I know of.

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
Got a friend has a VTR.
The way he rides that thing, you'd be lookin around to see if you were STOPED.
Get what fits you BEST........

·
KNUCKLE UP
209 Posts
I looked into getting one to race. Decided not to. Race parts were few and far between. Also very expensive. Be a perfect bike to morph into a streetfighter though. I like.

·
May be a cannibal?
109 Posts
This months Super Streetbike has a part 1 of a 2 part transformation of the Super Chicken into a 'fighter.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no direspect to your comment but super streetbike tends to believe handlebars and a flyscreen make a fighter. the only thing the chicken has going for it is cheaper parts in my eye. and there more accessible around here.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just went my local book store a few minutes ago while the wife was at starbucks. and i flipped through it, and yes i do like the radiator moved. i wish there would be more construction type stuff in bike mags. usually ssb will have simple how to's like brake bleeding but nothing big. i loved sully's write up on his bike and the tons of pictures. very cool to see the steps people are taking. and the build off is awesome seeing these machines come to life. especially with all the old dirt balls that are coming out of the barns lol. go to cammy9r's site with the photo slide. i loved it and brit joes got some good stuff on his.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i spent alot of time on a superhawk a few years ago. had to "take care" of one while a friend was out to sea. i really like those bikes. matter of fact, i almost bought a new one in 98 when i was working at a honda dealer. the only thing that stopped me was the stupidly high ($8000/yr!!!!) insurance that my then company wanted. that's about the price of the whole bike!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts