Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first bike. An 03 CBR600rr. I would love to get riding as soon as possible. I need help with some suggestions on an efficient and somewhat economical way to get this done. Already put some things into the bike...need some help with an idea for headlight,mount, and a way to mount (and suggestions for wiring everything)a universal gauge as well. Thoughts on handlebars also? Thanks for the help fellas Cheers!

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Hey welcome to CF! Nice bike to start with. Have a look through the Members Project Bike section and you will find all sorts of ideas there. If you need help or advice, there are plenty guys here who are really clued up on what they are doing, and some that are not so much - like me :D

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
Don't rush the process and don't make compromises on safety. It can be done for cheap, but as this is your first bike(and a fairly stout one) I would take it slow and learn the bike.

Welcome to cf

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
yupp. UF is on point, i crashed my RR 3 times (hence why i have tons and tons of extra parts lol) because i treated it the same way i treated my 90s/80s bikes, those brakes are huge and "its just a 600" should never be something u say about it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys appreciate it. I went ahead and got the SP7 gauge pretty similar to the Koso RX-1N. Gonna have to figure out a way to get that mounted and wired up. I'm ok with wiring and thinking that if I take it somewhere to have them wire it up its gonna cost an arm and a leg for them to do it. Any thoughts, help, just calling me a dumb mother. Cheers

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF & nice intro Folgs91!

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Thanks guys appreciate it. I went ahead and got the SP7 gauge pretty similar to the Koso RX-1N. Gonna have to figure out a way to get that mounted and wired up. I'm ok with wiring and thinking that if I take it somewhere to have them wire it up its gonna cost an arm and a leg for them to do it. Any thoughts, help, just calling me a dumb mother. Cheers
welcom in mate ,setup a thred in tha beginer streetfighter questions section .Ya will get more replies there ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So got a little work done today. Threw on the handlebars and got the battery hooked back in. Started some work on the gauge. The mounting went well, but the wiring is going to be awfully painful so not sure how I'm gonna be able to do that.

Tried to put it directly on the triple but the bolts out of the back of the gauge weren't quite long enough so had to put a spacer in there but ended up being really stable.

Like I said the wiring is going to be hard for me (some people are more inept at this than me so we'll see where it goes. I have the two main harnesses coming from the bike so gotta figure that out.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome to CF.

·
Registered
15 Posts
when you start wiring that gauge, make sure you share how you did it and problems you have on the way. not much info out there on those Koso gauges...

sent from the Dark side of the Moon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts