Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. ive decide to spray paint some part of my bike and went out and got the john deere black paint that was once mentioned in this forum. I also got the primer for it o_O but being a completly paint idiot that i am.... i am not sure if i got the right thing. it says its "buffer primer sealant" but i always thought primer is primer... is that the right thing?

thanks

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i just did a google search all i found was somthing that people used to coat bullets for more consisten firing and accuracy???

not really sure about that. every time i buy primer it just says PRIMER. for use on auto blah blah blah.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya.. i always thought primer was just.... primer!
the only description i can find is "intended for use as a rust inhibiting primer-sealer"...
also i test it on a piece of plastic and it came out sorta yellow o_O i always thought primer was grey
thanks

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
i know when you take something down to bare metal you seal it and that way it keeps the metal from rusting and getting a film on it before you paint it

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
wheres all those nasty painters who signed up on here??? im sure theyd have some good input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts