Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my frame is black which i love but scratched up all over Auto part Engine Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

and i dont want to pull my bike apart to get it powdercoated this season so i got some rattle cans that leave a pretty good finish Product Tire Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Material property

Started with just the back of the subframe to see how it looks Pipe Bmx bike Auto part Metal Vehicle

Its a little lighter than i thought but i like it a lot so far. Time to tape up the rest of the bike for paint Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories

Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire Honda

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I did the same thing to my yzf750r to lazy to drop the motor just covered everything and painted it. Im thinking of using the same paint on my bike keep us updated on how it holds up. Are you clear coating it?

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just finished covering everything up for paint. Just gota prep it real quick and time to paint Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Auto part
Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

And i have to drop the motor in the summer anyway since one of my engine bolts doesnt line up from frame to engine so this is just a temp job. I dont think im gona clear coat it. Ive used the paint before (not on a bike or outdoors) and the paint seems pretty durable for a spray can

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got the first coat kind of hard to see in the pictures but it looks awesome. Has metallic bits in it Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycle accessories
Vehicle Auto part Car Engine Automotive exterior

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finished up for the night. 3 coats on it and letting it sit and dry for the night then pull off the paper and see how it looks. Hoping for the best since what i can see looks pretty good Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive exterior

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
From what I can see it looks real good. You can do a pretty good job with a rattle can if you prep right and take your time. Just be careful, most are not real resistant to gas or other chemicals.

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally done and pullen the paper off. Looks pretty dam good i dont think the camera does it justice. Now i just have to put it all back together Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Engine Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All back together and looks great. Just have to get the tank painted to look good now. Not sure on what color i want though Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Let me know how that paint holds up. I'm thinking about using the same type of paint

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me know how that paint holds up. I'm thinking about using the same type of paint
I know it sounds dumb but I first used this paint in my bathroom on door knobs and the sink and its pretty durable. It almost seems like its clear coated (Granted its just in a bathroom) but no stains from anything, wipes right off without any paint damage and cleaning products dont effect it at all. If your looking for a quick easy and pretty durable rattle job I would definitely recommend this so far (Thats without any outdoor exposure with it yet)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts