Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either on this site or the FZR Site I read a thread about painting your tins.

I took it to heart and panted, wet sanded, painted , wet sanded over and over until got what I was looking for.

I should probably fix a few small issues that are not the paint but the body work itself... but hey I am a bit lazy right now and too busy to get into it.

I plan to rally abuse this bike anyway by driving it to and from work everyday which over here is a life or death struggle every kilometer of the way.

Here are a few pics of how they look now.

I had a few odd pieces off a vespa scoter that were supposed to be a horn cover and engine cover so I hacked them up and put them on the ass end to give it a racey F-1 intake look. (I got about 200 more pieces if anyone wants them dirt cheap.)

I also cut open the front of the seat to allow for some airflow. I will open the back end a bit to allow the air to escape as well.

I honestly did this really quick and the lack of good craftsmanship shows but then Its a street fighter not a blinged out show bike... I did what I could in the time I had with whatever I had at hand.

In the true fighter tradition, I improvised.

I got a buddy that wil put a few air brush graphics on the tank and then I will mount it.

John told me he should have the front end finally done next friday and then off to get wired up and tuned.

I think the exhaust will be more of a shorty can right behind the rear sets. Not what I wanted to do origianlly but I got no time or extra cash to mess with this right now.

Next I need to pay off a local official and get a registration for the thing.

Somewhere on the bike I will put "yamaha 250cc" as it is now the largest bike allowed on the road legally.

I bet all the above still takes a few months to get sorted out.

Just in time for the cooler weather. Its so fucken hot here right now with 95-100 degrees most every day and 85% humidity all I want to do is stay in the A/C and try not to melt. I painted the tins in near darknes at 10:30 PM as the temp was a bit more bare able.ha ha.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
lol,

tins=metal from a chopper
plastics=sportbike fairings

Good job though :) Now put it together so we can see it finished

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol,

Yea yea I knwo I am a bt old school they were tins back then and I stil cal them that ha ha.

Ok Ok "I PAINTED MY PLASTICS! " .......... just don't sound right though :confused: ha ha ha

I am working on it man, I want to ride this thing!

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol,

Yea yea I knwo I am a bit old school they were tins back then and I still call them that ha ha.

Ok Ok "I PAINTED MY PLASTICS! " .......... just don't sound right though :confused: ha ha ha

I am working on it man, I want to ride this thing!

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I just wanted to give you a hard time.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I see your gettin a little shop time there Steve. Good for the soul ! Looks good bra
How ya been ??

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
It's been about that hot here
My tires are pretty weird in this weather.

Hey.
I like that tail piece...

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments.

Yeah good for the soul for sure. Igot two companies I am running ful time and I hae a third I amstartingup. I got partners intwo of them but its 18 hour days everyday. Glad I na sneak away and work on the race bike and the fighter.

I should have the graphic on it soon and the front end. Hope to be riding it before the frigin winter comes in.

Speaking of the cold catman and the other fighter build off winner GET ADAM YOUR SIZES! I need them to make the jackets..other wise I will make them miy size and wear at least one fo them ha ha.

Did I just steal my own thread :LolLolLolLol:

·
4,286 Posts
Thanks for the compliments.

Yeah good for the soul for sure. Igot two companies I am running ful time and I hae a third I amstartingup. I got partners intwo of them but its 18 hour days everyday. Glad I na sneak away and work on the race bike and the fighter.

I should have the graphic on it soon and the front end. Hope to be riding it before the frigin winter comes in.

Speaking of the cold catman and the other fighter build off winner GET ADAM YOUR SIZES! I need them to make the jackets..other wise I will make them miy size and wear at least one fo them ha ha.

Did I just steal my own thread :LolLolLolLol:

I e-mailed Adam back last week with the size, and I need a xxl acording to the sizing chart;)

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
I e-mailed Adam back last week with the size, and I need a xxl acording to the sizing chart;)

and doc tom takes an XS.

and i take a Medium. (can that be right??)

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NOOOOOOOOOO!

Ok I will send adam a chart. I want you to fill in the sizes and I will custom make them to your size so I can get them spot on. That does not sound right at all.

I saw you both at the show side by side. Unless you got fat Catman and Adam lost weight.................... lol

I would much rather jsut cusotm fit them to you. You get a bad ass custom one off that way.. This is what I sponsored a "CUSTOM FIT" jacket.

Just wantign to give you what you guys deserve for your efforts.

How did Adam get a jackt out of al lthis anyway :wtf: ha ha ha ha

CBR 600 sets are next up I just finished the 636 ones.

Teh CBR sets wil go fast I already had a set done but got side tracked just need to tweek them a bit.

·
4,286 Posts
That will work great. I wear a XXl in everything shirt wise. I'm 6ft3 190. There is always room in the belly, but no room anywhere else esp shoulders and sleves.

That is awesome because it WILL fit everywhere.
thanks Steve ! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts