Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have two questions for you
1, can you paint over chrome ?
2, what difference would it make if I fitted a smaller bore exhaust box on to a blade

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not 100% on the painting chrome thing but paint does need a rough (ish) surface to actually grip to, so I'm pretty sure that you would have to do something to the chrome first... At least.
In regards to the exhaust, my guess is that fitting a smaller bore, if you're talking about the pipe through the middle, would strangle the engine a bit. Obviously depending on how much smaller you go.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
they are two separate questions.
you need to sand the chrome to rough it up
and any aftermarket muffler will flow more than the stock so diameter isnt as important as you would thing going smaller. it may look weird though

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok the standard exhaust is 65mm and the box I want to fit is 55mm and its off a r1, I'm going to have to cut the header pipe down by about 8 " so will this affect it much

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wondered if you roughed the chrome up using a sanding disc on your drill, and then etching primer for the undercoat ?????

·
Angry Northerner
324 Posts
The chrome bit that you want to paint, is it a part of the exhaust? Or summat else? i.e. - something that won't get as hot. Either way, you'll need to rough up the surface quite a bit and if it IS on the 'zorst then use a heat-resistant paint. But if it's going on a header pipe then it still might come off.

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

emery cloth is good for roughing chrome, if it.s for down pipes you will need a specalist paint tto put up with heat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts