Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im seventeen and i really want to get a bike to see if i can fighter it out pretty nice i have more than enough money saved but due to past family issues my mom said she will never let me get a motorcycle im going insane i dont know wut to do my dad will let me get one but my mom is the boss :wtf:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
live with it dude. if you live in their house its probably gonna be that way. I got my bike after I moved out for that very reason. but since then my little bro has got his first bike (still at home) and my dad has got back into riding.

either move out or deal

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Yup, move on out mang. My mum was strongly anti-bike until I moved out and bought one... and all the gear to go along with it. Show her you'll ride safely and responsibly and she'll be way more likely to go for it. Only accident I've been in wasn't my fault and she was glad I was wearing all the gear.

·
Fighterering since 1998
1,204 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
yeah man, my mom was the same way for a while. i waited till i was like 21 before i got a street bike tho (because i was immature and irresposable and would have killed myself) when i finally did get one she was just constantly reminding me to be careful. shes just worried...but you'll probably have to wait till you move out, or spend a lot of time convincing.

start out with something small and she'll be more likely to let you try it out.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
mine was never for or against it. and when i came home the first day with my face ground off and my entire frontal area she called me a dumbass and laughed while i was picking gravel out of my face. didnt really bother her either way.

·
E=MC Vagina
6,908 Posts
i will tell you the most important thing you can ever know about women.it doesnt matter if its your mom or your wife(trust me mine are both hard asses).....its easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission.....use that info however you need to.and welcom to the site.......i love coruppting our youth.

·
108 Posts
haha if your parents are devorced (like mine.. im 17 also) and live with your dad (also like me) but a bike and tell her after words... my dad was totally cool. my mom hated the idea... but after i told her i already got one.. she didnt care to much anymore.. and actually bought me alot of my gear... :p

p.s. my ideas suck and probably shouldnt be followed

·
Fully Qualified Asshole
1,870 Posts
that sucks, im goin to have to change my name now....

anyway get a fuckin bike and work it that way.

im 18 and have always ridden dirt in one for or another.

turned 16 (legal age for a slowped here) and got one (coz its cool) my mother hit the roof, threatened to kick me out ect ect ect

my old man used to ride bikes so he talked to her and now she deals with it.

i just tell her i dont do anything stupid... i save that for the dirt (what they dont know cant hurt them)

move out or man up....

·
Bike Found
885 Posts
I was in the same boat... Both parents were against it...

Take your safety courses, let them know you are knowledgeable and have done your prep work. Get your gear, and when the time to lay down cash on a bike (which took forever for me, due to deal hunting), they will still be relatively against it, but more willing to bend on it.

I tried getting a bike intensely for about 3 months... And I got it two weeks ago :rock: ... I'm also 21, and insurance being $90 for the year is a giant argument for it as well...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
If you ain't payin' rent then it's the house rules my young wannabe hooligan...

I would suggest you wash the breast milk outta ya mouth & move out instead of whinnin' about she won't let you have a bike...

Or either get some girl pregnant then she would have let you buy a bike because you need it to get to & from work to pay for diapers....

Yeah.... go with that one... *blank stare*

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Or either get some girl pregnant then she would have let you buy a bike because you need it to get to & from work to pay for diapers....

Yeah.... go with that one... *blank stare*
it worked for me

HAHAHA

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
we'll blame it on youthful ignorance

1 - 20 of 21 Posts