Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

I have found a few posts about swapping parts with newer/better bikes without modification. my question is, have you mainly got parts sitting around and have just tried to fit them, or do you go about measuring them all up and buy them?

I have a ZZR600D and it has recently started being stripped but needs brakes, rear suspension and a few other bits fully replacing. i would rather upgrade from newer bikes if possible, but dont want to spend ££££ on new parts for them not to fit because my ruler was out by 0.5mm.

Any advice?

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Hi guys and gals,

I have found a few posts about swapping parts with newer/better bikes without modification. my question is, have you mainly got parts sitting around and have just tried to fit them, or do you go about measuring them all up and buy them?

I have a ZZR600D and it has recently started being stripped but needs brakes, rear suspension and a few other bits fully replacing. i would rather upgrade from newer bikes if possible, but dont want to spend ££££ on new parts for them not to fit because my ruler was out by 0.5mm.

Any advice?
Measure what you have, try and research parts that fit either by google (ie Google "motorcycle shock length 295mm") or try here http://www.customfighters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=324 then when you've narrowed down some possibilities you can try getting sellers in ebay to measure a part to double check. Then buy for as little as you can, I always base my bid price on what I think I could get for it if it doesn't work out. I've usually made my money back or even turned a profit on a part that didn't quite fit. Also, keep in mind almost anything can be made to fit if you have the mind, for my bike I just bought what I thought looked good / I could afford (not much) and then figured out how to put it all together. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts