Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Congratulations!
When I took it, the course turned out to be more fun than I expected and I also learned some handy techniques for slow riding...
And it always feels nice to be a legal rider lol...

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
congrats. what bike did you use? I chose the Night Hawk 250... it was wonderful. I had already been working in the shop for a while so i needed my License to go on test rides...

AND the VA DMV is well known for failing the shit out of people based on their mood for the day... so i took MSF and had my license that day. Luckily i took most of the course in the rain. i guess it set precedence for what i would endure the rest of my life... i get stuck in rain atleast twice a week if not more... i like it though

I rode to FF last year in the Rain and it felt SO Damn good

Reactions: shinyribs

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
congrats. wished I would have taken it. still might because ive heard they teach a lot of strategy manuevers for getting out of quick jambs

·
Atlanta StreetFighter
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
congrats. wished I would have taken it. still might because ive heard they teach a lot of strategy manuevers for getting out of quick jambs
They do. But to be honest the way my class was paced you really didn't have enough time to get the techniques down. Not that the instructors did a bad job they just pack too much into too little time. It was very much sink or swim. Still... taking it at least gave me techniques I can practice on my own after the class. I would highly recommend it but I did notice that the people who had never ridden at all before got left behind very quickly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
AND the VA DMV is well known for failing the shit out of people based on their mood for the day...
:D This is true! And why I had to take the MSF course :D

But I'm glad I did. I had fun and learned alot.Money well spent.

Congrats bud! Hey,you know you can get an insurance discount for taking that class. Not a lot,but it knocked mine from $165/year down to $140. Look in to it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice job man, just finished mine yesterday to... spent all ten hours in the rain. But definitely a great investment!

Reactions: F'dup

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
Sweet dude! Damn though, 25 bucks! WTF, in NY it was like over 300 but I guess that should kinda figure right?

I remember sitting in line on the little Suzuki 250 (they had a fleet of them) waiting to do the straight line accel to rolling stop and pull away test and was talking to the guy next to me in the other line. We heard a screech and crash and looked up to see the person in front of me high siding this little cruiser at 15mph flying over the handlebars.

To this day I still have no idea how it happened and it's boggled my mind lol. It was a fun time though for sure! Thinking of signing up for the advanced course this summer. Always something more to learn.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats! I had fun doing mine. The instructors really enjoyed doing it too which was nice. You learn quite a bit! My class did them on nighthawk 250s but I got stuck with the sole DR200 some how...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts