Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Pepper 13's Hellfire ZX6E Build

23K views 51 replies 23 participants last post by  pepper13 
#1 ·
Let the madness begin... I have oficially cracked the seal on my build. Parts are ordered and arriving,Ebay is being watched closley, and parts are being cleaned and tossed. I am going to try to document my build the best that I can ,although it may not be in as much detail and updated as often as some of the others have. Along the way hopefully you all will chime in with any comments and advice as this is my first metric build since I was a kid tearing apart my moto bikes. My background is mainly in british and american choppers and bobbers but have been wanting to do a fighter ever since my son got into stunting last year... Anyway here are the before shots of the Hellfire, I will add progress pics as I go :yeah:

The day I picked her up...1993 Kawie Zx6E

Starting to strip her down...

Fresh Canvas...It's on!!:D

More coming soon, I have the weekend off:evilred:it's on

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Pepper 13's Hellfire ZX6E Build,UPDATE 9/02/07

Back at it all day Sat t get this ass end going.....here is the progress so far:D

Chopped off th "epic subframe" (as haelo put it)...no turning back now
hmmm was that 2 inches or 3 inches opps! fuck it, next step

Looks kinda cool like that....DONE..not

mock up, the top taps fit almost perfectinside the old subframe rails, just had to cut the back side off and run a bolt through. as for the bottom I cut each rail half way so they would form a joint and ran two hardend bolts through each side`SOLID!

Insert battery tray and spaggetti... bingo bango

I give myself two thumbs up!

here is a picture of my inspiration for this mod, I just need to get my plastics and undertail. Oh for those interested the subframe is a 00-03 gixxer 600-750, got the battery tray for $15 and the subframe for $20 off one of my sons stunna freinds I love deals:)

Also got her to turn over tody,bad starter solinoid:party-smiley:
today I start a complete teardown to paint the frame and motor, and refesh and replace whatever needs it.I already have this complete bike pictured in my head so I have put an October 1 deadline on this build, once I start builin a bike i'm a fookin animal. thats all for now Go Fast and Take Chances, Pep

#13 ·
Re: Pepper 13's Hellfire ZX6E Build,UPDATE 9/02/07

mock up, the top taps fit almost perfectinside the old subframe rails, just had to cut the back side off and run a bolt through. as for the bottom I cut each rail half way so they would form a joint and ran two hardend bolts through each side`SOLID!
I gotta recommend that you weld this.

It may hold up and it may seem solid but that's taking away a lot from the square integrity of that metal. Just remember that the few bucks it would cost to weld is much cheaper then a wreck. Things on bikes break at the worst time, while under street. Which usually means in a turn at speeds you don't want to wreck at.

Just my .02 cents. I wouldn't ever trust 1/8 aluminum tubing, cut then bolted together with my life.

#6 · (Edited)
Re: Pepper 13's Hellfire ZX6E Build "UPDATED!!!"

been working like a fucn dog!!woof,woofbut wanted to post some updates....This will be tha last one till the bike is dun!!!!!fucin A!!

TH FUCKIN HELLFIRE !!!

THIS BIKE IS MOVING ALONG SO FAST I AM STOKED!
THE FINISH SOMING SOON.....PEP

#7 ·
Looking good man, looking good! GSXR Subframe? Ya know, it's funny with the camo green swingarm, that's how I was gonna do mine, ask Joe. Problem is, someone's colour blind and we bought John Deere green instead, so black it was!

#17 ·
Looks good mang!! I am guessing the frame is painted...powdercoating takes too long! I painted my '91 D's frame metallic black w/o removing the motor...lasted 8 years!

And BTW, if the frame on my D was aluminum, I am betting the frame on the E is as well...stick a magnet to it. I would also weld the sub, imo...

#19 ·
Looks good mang!! I am guessing the frame is painted...powdercoating takes too long! I painted my '91 D's frame metallic black w/o removing the motor...lasted 8 years!

And BTW, if the frame on my D was aluminum, I am betting the frame on the E is as well...stick a magnet to it. I would also weld the sub, imo...

Rhinoliner:D

#20 ·
Just a few picture updates...still don't know what I'm gonna do for a headlight,getting the tank sealed this week ,waiting for my tail and undertail, Have to paint all the plastics and figger out my bars, few other things, but other than that getting pretty close...I WANT TO RIDE IT NOW!!:metal:

will adds ome more later

#24 ·
The clipons on these bikes are horrid.

FYI gents, if you want something that'll work but won't look like arse, I have a hint. It would actually lower the bars, but looks good, and it doesn't require much work. I ran it for a while. Honda CBR600F2 clipons are a direct swap. I mounted mine under the triple clamp. I also tried SV650 clipons and Honda Interceptor clipons, but they are more sport touring style, the F2 ones tuck up real nice under the clamp.

#29 ·
Me Likey, the only thing I would have to do is figure out a way to get a fatter rear wheel on there. Looks a little wierd with the wide ass and a skinny tire IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.