Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure you guys know these things are never really done, but I did get to a point where I can ride her naked and what a blast! Seriously one of the flat out funnest bikes Ive owned. Anyway I just wanted to say hey Ive been trolling around forever. Totally cool with ideas/bashing/love and or hate mail. Keep in mind this is a long term project for me not a wreck recoupe I choose the rvt specifically so I know its no where near done just started acualy so I know about the throttle cables coolant overflow ect ect ect JUST got it together I have a sv1000 rad I was gonna put on but once I got in there I found zero freaking room so Im way open to ideas cause these side mounts gotta go. Maybe a tl1000 set up or a cr500 set up Id LOVE to see a big ol zx10r rad up front one of those curved ones I belive its on a 06??? Like I said Im open. Also have plans for a 07 1000rr sub/tail but now its starting to take shape I kinda like the big butt! And a PcV with a Auto tune is planned because taking the snorkel off threw a FI light, it still pulls wicked hard just has a significant stumble on the way up about half way through power ban.

Fire away any thoughts, I got a lot of ideas/inspiration around here thanks!

Attachments

·
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
77 Posts
Looks good so far. Concerning the radiators, what about putting a radiator in the tail, like several Superhawks have done? Since it's a totally different bike, I'm not sure if this is even possible though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm I'm open to putting it in the tail hadn't thought of that much but I like it, was kinda kicking around some verticals like on a ktm 620 type idk may look a little goofy though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I really really dig that, but isn't that a HRC replica and aren't they
Ike 800 bucks? But yeah those would be ideal budget aside they look... rad lol (I'm showing my age with that one)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just noticed the red bike next to the rc51 is the other bike I have (not that specific one) but I also have a z1000 that's weird

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uh I just woke up that is not a z1000 loo Wtf is it though? (I love it when people can't figure out my ride)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks like an old gixxer with a z1000 headlight.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Reactions: CK 187

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude its blast like no other. Ive had probably 30 bikes so Ive got it narrowed down to what I like. The z1000 is great commuter with a attitude but this RC feels like a freaking hot rod that handles.

Update: The front would dive under any braking condition so I put some 1.1 racetech springs in there and some fresh oil/seals BIG difference. Someone told me I shouldve went for the re-valve as well but Im not racing so I didnt think I needed it. For street I am 100 percent satisfied.

Also thanks on the bar compliment, but the acual bars were driving me nuts they are twin wall 997 bend. I had them on the Z and they were OK. I think it was the twin wall and solid bar mounts (the Z has rubber mounts in the triple tree) in combination with the rumbling twin but it was hand numbing after a little while. So... I swapped Em out for some Fatbar 672 bend and cleaned up the actual mounts as well put some nicer ones in there. I like the lower slightly more sweep bars A lot better.

997 bend A:802 B:99 C:65 D:110 E:54 F:200

672 bend A:796 B:80 C:55 D:125 E:57 F:197

Slightly lower a little more sweep and a little more flex, this is the bar for me. Anyone have any fatbar questions Ive bought 4 trying to find one I like I can help narrow it down for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally got around to doing the radiator conversion, but somehow the side rads were growing on me kinda like a madmax look. But I regress the front rad cleans up the sides A lot but what really sold me was I didnt have as much heat whafting back at me. The RC's run hot anyway so I didnt even realize some of that heat I was feeling was coming from the rads right in front of my legs. Anyway much "cooler" bike to ride now I got a spal 5 inch fan in there and it is hard wired to a switch, it gets used a lot but the sv1k radiator does cool the bike with the fan just fine. However as you can see from the pics it was a really tight squeeze and it took a front tire to the bottom of the rad the first time I hit the brakes hard (Shitola the pantsola) then I tried to turn around and the rad was to far forward in a attempt to get it to clear the front tire, which it did not that my turn radius was severely restricted. So i moved it up and angled it back more and the turning radius is fine now not affected at all I can almost lock the bars. But the rad still barely rubs under a real hard brake. Now I do weigh 260 at the moment but I do have some stiff springs up there too and tons of preload. There's just not a lot of room right there. Soooooo, I think I've got it licked now. Im going to delete the PAIR system which will give me a little more clearance rearward and Ive got a sv650 rad which has near the same coolant capacity but, and this is the kicker. It's one inch shorter so between the PAIR removal and the inch less on the rad hopefully it wont scrub anymore any just maybe I can implement the bar lock.

Im detailing all this cause theres just not much out there on doing a front mount on a RC without dropping a G. If this doesn't work Im gonna give some DRZ rads a shot which I think would be more hassle to mount and you may or may not have to reroute the oil cooler but a front left and right on RC would be tits.

I threw in a pic of my favorite helmet ever in case there's any lid junkies out there... Can any one put together the helmet to bike relation? Besides both being bad ass.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Sv 650 rad with the 5 inch spal puller is the ticket. clears the front tire under braking and i can almost lock the bars (ill figure that out soon enough) Also put the OEM header back on it picked up a dual pipe slip on set... couldnt help but get the auto tune with my PcV and figured Id regear it as well. Totally different bike muuuuch smoother and the 16/43 gearing made it more fun. I tried 15/43 but it just spun up a little too quick and reved high on the road just crusing for me anyway. stock was 16/40. ignore the red horn wire its temporary, anyone know where I can get custom throttle cables?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
That radiator looks much better than the side mounted one.

Motion Pro makes custom cables. It depends on the bike and what they have measurements for if you have to send in your old cables or not.

·
fuckin genius
376 Posts
^how bout horizontal + vertical?
FOH custom RC51

This is either very similar to or an actual HRC kit they make for RC-51 race bikes..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I belive that's a Therma cool set up, moddled after the HRC Rads and designed to fit under the farings. And super pricey like 1100 bucks or so... if you got it cool but the sv one was 70... lol I like that, but it won't fit under the plastics if you're into those.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Bike looks good but if I was you I would cut about a foot off of those exhaust cans, make em all sexy stubby.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pulled the trigger on a factory pro star kit for the rc51 heres a few pics of the process kinda a pain but not horrible. you gotta take the clutch slave off the LH side then drain the oil and coolant (I did this ass backwards) remove clutch cover, pay attention to the order when you remove the clutch plates. Remove water pump, remove side case (this may take a little gentle prying) Remove the shift lever then slide the shift shaft going to the RH side and out. Remove the clutch basket and the star and detent arm are right there. I had to really put some ass behind it to get the allen head bolts to pop loose on both of these.

Reassemble and add a HRC ish...

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
more here's a side by side of the factory pro vs the OEM factory. There's a slightly different angle between the stars the FP spring is clearly stronger but I gotta say I was impressed with the little ball bearing from FP vs the wimpy OEM bushing design. Like why didn't Honda do that??? Or at least the stiffer spring this thing liked to kick down from 2nd to neutral quite a bit so I hope this sorts that out.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts