Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I would definitely like to go back to Centralia. I have the first week in august off from work. I'll probably be spending some of that fixing my car, but maybe I can take a trip out there for a day or two. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
I figured you guys would like some more info

It's a massive underground coal fire that's been smoldering beneath the town of Centralia, Pennsylvania ever since 1962:

The town sits on top of a rich vein of coal, and the fire has defied every attempt to extinguish it. National awareness of Centralia's unending environmental catastrophe came in 1981 when a 12-year-old boy fell into a 150-foot hole that suddenly appeared in his back yard. Most residents were relocated in 1984, and in 1992 the entire town was condemned. Most buildings were torn down, creating the Centralia that can still be seen today: a network of streets running through empty fields and, increasingly, new growth forest. As of 2007, Centralia had nine residents.

·
Only GOD can judge me
497 Posts
Nice pics Pheebs. I wish I coulda met ya..it just feels like you know everyone on here. I just had to give Flint a chest bump when I met him.

Anyhow, I see a Blair witch project in the making with this campout brewing here.

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
If you ride out there again I'd love to go back. I found centralia by accident a few months ago and would like to explore it a little more.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
you and me both man.

that is why getting a motard was so attractive to me. Slap on some dirt tires and i could go have some fun in the dirt. come home clean off the muck slap back on my street wheels and its back to street duty.

Taking a closer look at your CL ad reveled that's not a motard that's a 2 stroke monster haha. I personally would wanna ride it to where i was going to ride around at.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
The roads (aside from the main roads) are best driven either in a car/truck/jeep or with a dirtbike. Actually a dirtbike or ATV would be ideal to explore the area. But, I did take the Blast down some of the really rough roads. I wouldn't recommend doing it, though.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
i just wanted to add in here that after watching Phoebe fall on the fiddy.. hard. then hop back up and say I AM OK! i would of felt sorry for the dude that pushed his luck with her. shes a hard ass chick, that's for damn sure.

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Haha, I'm really not a hard ass! I'm brave in some ways, and I can roll with the punches usually. But really...I'm pretty laid back most of the time. And of course as all of you saw, I laugh a lot. I think I'm pretty easy to get along with as long as someone doesn't push the wrong buttons.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
when you feel i re evaluated if i wanted to ride it again. i watched your chin smash on the ground. hard ass or not i wouldn't be pressing your buttons or i would get :eek:wned:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
:ttiwwop:

who had the pic?? Nick?? you got the crash pic, lets see it lol

61 - 80 of 98 Posts