Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled the stock gauges and needed a replacement. So for the time being since I don't really have a need for the odometer I rigged up an old smart phone to the bars. Actually looks pretty slick and fits well!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its just in a hard clasp kind of case. Kind of cheap and quick but I plan on doing a nice bracket soon here. Seems solid for the moment!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah you are right. I totally didn't even think about that. I'm hoping to make a flyscreen soon so I think at speed that should deflect the rain around enough. I guess we'll see! Thanks for the input man!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No it isn't set up to charge it... yet... The app that's running is called Ulysse Speedometer and its awesome! Shows speed, compass, trip log. Can even get set up with navigation etc. Best part... its free!

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Nice app, been looking for something like that, because if figure my bikes gonna be gaugeless (have you SEEnthe guages on a '81 seca?). Pretty sure my phone gps won't work without the data plan active, but that's not a big deal. Wire in a charger and stand, good to go. I like the speed-over nav feature a lot.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
How accurate is the speedo?

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Since its based off GPS readings, its gonna depend on a lot of factors, primary among them being the quality of reception. Generally gps speedos either are very accurate, or completely wild and obviously wrong, or simply don't give any reading. Not sure why this one would be any different.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah as far as I can tell the app I use is usually accurate. The only issue is it takes awhile to find gps since I'm not using a data plan and it can't use cell towers to help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts