Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know if anybody has found a mount for you phone that lets you still use your touch screen i have dirt bars on my 1200 bandit and i have a galaxy S3 that i use to listen to music while i ride and i want to mount my phone on the cross bar so i can skip songs and such i have a few ideas of how to make one but if you know of somthing on the market already that might help speed things along i stoppeed into the local harley shop and they tried to sell me what was basicly a zip up bag with a magnet to stick to the tank for $50 and i was like realy dude that will fly off the first time i hit 40mph and then he was like well we can get some chrome thing that will cost you $180 so i left lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats pretty cool and a good idea, wouldn't work with my set up but still it got my wheels turning thanks oh but don't you worry it's gona just fly out oh wait i see now that there's not really much wind hitting the phon its self

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I don't have as detailed pics but I did something similar. I took a reflector from a bicycle and removed the actual reflector so I was left with just the plastic loop that goes around the seat stem. With the reflector removed it had a flat surface with a hole that was perfect for mounting my old phone case to the middle of my bars.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Best buy sells a thing for mounting a GPS unit to a set of handlebars. Its marketed to the mountain biking crowd so try shopping there. I can't remember what it's called (brand name) but it cost $20 and works well for me. Just enough bounce in the setup to prevent your phone from taking hard bumps but still plenty sturdy. I've had mine to 138 MPH. Its adjustable and holds your phone very tight and secure. I have complete confidence when I ride with my phone up there.

Ill shout back if I find some more details.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts