Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done about a million photoshops for my bike and this is my favorite. I accidentally gave it red bar ends, but it will have silver bar end mirrors instead.

And step one... in real life of course!

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
man those are some scrawny ass forks X-)
maybe try reduce the amount off ass on the bike, it looks a bit off balance..

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the forks are scrawny :D they sorta work lol. its a light bike and i topped out at 125 so it doesnt need beasty forks i guess.

the tail does look a bit long now that you mention it, but if i chop it down its gonna be chopped way down. i dont know how you guys do your custom tails... im not opposed to a new tail other than the fact that all the other hack jobs on 500R's suck. I will need some guidance!

here are some pics of how the bike is going to sit for the night:

And I distressed the gas cap for the time being. I have an aftermarket one on the way soon.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am planning on raising the rear of the bike 1.5 inches to change the rake angle for better handling. That just might make the tail stick out less if it is higher up, but im not too sure.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that looks pretty cool. I would have to use pod filters instead of the air box to make it look remotely good. the real problem comes in when I try to build a new place for the battery.. and the main fuse along with tons of wires goes along the tail. the ECM or something is also under the plastics of the tail.

while waiting for the paint to dry on the tank i decided to sand off the black paint from the gas cap. i ended up polishing it. not super shiny.. more of a machined/brushed look. i like it a lot.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lower fairing is done. Gas tank needs one more coat. The tail is drying from one more coat too. All thats left now is the front fender.

This is why chopping the tail is gonna be more work that it seems... its got all this crap in the tail!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts