Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Photoshop Sucks

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  ab420 
#1 ·
Only because I can't use it for shit...I only wanna make a cool signature banner...how do you guys do it? Is their some sort of online tutorial for inept doughheads like myself?

Ask me to rebuild your engine, fine. Ask me to rebuild your suspension, cool. Ask me to make your bike "like new", gimme your paycheques...but ask me to use Photoshop, I'll curl up into the fetal position and whimper.

#3 ·
endo said:
Only because I can't use it for shit...I only wanna make a cool signature banner...how do you guys do it? Is their some sort of online tutorial for inept doughheads like myself?

Ask me to rebuild your engine, fine. Ask me to rebuild your suspension, cool. Ask me to make your bike "like new", gimme your paycheques...but ask me to use Photoshop, I'll curl up into the fetal position and whimper.
What kind of cool signature banner do you want?

#5 ·
The Green Lantern said:
i have a signature that i use on other sites how do i get, the picture onto this site
-sorry if that didint get worded right imm extrmemely hung over
in the navigation bar, click UserCP.
Then on the top left, hit Edit Signature
Then it works just like posting, hit the Image button (looks like a mountain and the sun) and put in the URL to your signature image.
If you need somewhere to host the image, you can start your own Personal Gallery in our picture gallery and upload it there. Let me know if you need any help with that.

:cfcartman:

#6 ·
I've been using it at school for Ad-design for about 2 years.

Admittantly, it's a tough program to use....if it's CS2 you're using, it'd the professional version. You'll never ever use all the features it has.

Go out and buy Photoshop Elements (about $100). It's a home-user version, and it's MUCH easier to use and has all the tools you'll want from CS2...without the convolution.

GL....if you send me pics and whatnot i can make a snappy sig for you sir.....:rock:

#7 ·
PhatRR said:
I've been using it at school for Ad-design for about 2 years.

Admittantly, it's a tough program to use....if it's CS2 you're using, it'd the professional version. You'll never ever use all the features it has.

Go out and buy Photoshop Elements (about $100). It's a home-user version, and it's MUCH easier to use and has all the tools you'll want from CS2...without the convolution.

GL....if you send me pics and whatnot i can make a snappy sig for you sir.....:rock:
That's good advice! I have been using Photoshop for years, so I use CS2 and am comfortable with it. However, my mother just started out with Photoshop recently, and I had her get Elements and she picked it up really quick and loves it. When I showed her CS2 on my computer she was like, "What is all that stuff for?"

Honestly, 99.9% of the time, I could probably get away with just using Elements too, it really has all the major features, is a lot easier to use, and it's cheaper.

#9 ·
I, unlike you noobs, use the professional version and utilize every tool in the toolbar, and select each one with keyboard shortcuts.

if you want me to make you a sig its $50/ hour and advice is $25/consultation!

ahahahahah :LolLolLolLol: just kidding. but i did go to school for that shit. and could help you if you had some questions or need help.

#10 ·
I'm not 100% sure what I wanted, that's why I wanted to play lol...I was thinking of taking the pic I have of my burnout and having the smoke fill some of the banner...have some knucks in it somewhere (ghosted in the smoke?), or maybe even the CF logo instead of just knucks 'cause then there would be knucks and wrenches (my job). my name in small letters in the bottom right corner, and I wanted to make the smoke fade into a suzuki "R". That was one thought...there were others too...but since I suck...lol

Especially with blending two pictures into one...I even bought a tutorial on Photoshop book but it makes no sense to me lol

#11 ·
you need to just sit down with it for a while and fuck around so you can familiarize yourself with all the tools and the different things they do.

try not to get lost in filtering (you will, trust me ahha)

the clone tool is one of my favorite. good for doctoring photos! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.