Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Grinder Happy
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to do a tail swap on my SV650K7 . i was wandering what the physically smallest battery i could use is, without losing any reliability ?

·
Ridin Dirty
377 Posts
Go to hobbyking and look at the lipo4 batteries and the balance chips they sell
The battery will be a 3s or three cell you want high discharge 35-40 c and the sizes will be in the info
On what batt you look at, probly need a 3500 to 5500 mah
They'll be about the size of a couple sticks of butter..

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
bear in mind ive heard you're not supposed to jump one, (although its been done) I am not sure how that works but but my ive heard a lot of people running a 4 cell for a 600, reccomended is 8

I run it for my 400, sat for over a year, 20 minute balancing charged and started first crank strong!
and the charger is small enough to be stored in your toolbox/compartment on bike if needed...just need a 120v outlet

·
Grinder Happy
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think these questions should be moved to the n00b section!

i run heated grips because i live in Scotland , will these types of battery support that ?

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Nah man you're alright, they don't need to be moved to the noon section. As long as you're not running any other extra accessories I think the most you'd have to do to make a bit of room for heated grips is switching to LED bulbs where you can. Also, consider upgrading your voltage R/R to a MOSFET from a newer bike. The SV650 voltage R/R's are famous for being really inefficient and frying from overheating, which will in turn fry your stator and battery and starter relay.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Also if you don't want to build your own the Antigravity 4-cell looks pretty good. They say for 600cc bikes it should only be used for track, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. I was going to try building my own 4-cell, but it seams the batteries you need are getting harder to find. The ones I found where going to cost almost as much as the Antigravity and then you still need to get an R/C charger. could be there are cheaper batteries out there and I just could not find them. http://www.dimecitycycles.com/6-amp-hour-120-cca-antigravity-4-cell-battery.html

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Personally I've used an antigravity battery before and had nothing but problems with it. It was almost never enough juice to crank over my SV650 and if it didn't start the first time, my bike would drain the batteries power and I'd have to charge it again. From what I've read most people didn't have problems with theirs but a twin cylinder takes quite a bit more cranking amps to turn over. If you DO decide to go that route a regular battery charger will NOT work and will harm the battery, the SVs battery cable terminals don't fit and need to be flattened out which fucks them up, you need to wait a few seconds with the ignition on but not nstarying the bike to let the battery "prime" and the list goes on and on.

Honestly dude if you NEED a battery that small, I would highly recommend just making on from two or three sets of 2 cell gel cells wired together. You can buy them from batteries +. Knifemaker87 made His this exact same way. Its kinda costly and takes a lot of time but His setup was badass and He was able to mount the cells in different areas of His tail cause it was so small. Check out His 1992 CBR600 F2 build thread. Its here somewhere, or PM Him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts