Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a Hyosung GT650 R 2012. I had a pretty bad crash last year, and broke my ankle. Since then i haven't replaced the fairings( the bits and bobs that broke ), so i decide to switch it to a street fighter. Their is plenty of work to do but for now this is it...

Before....

Temp bracket holds...

Weight savings up to 6kg-7kg

After---

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not full strapped on because the bike wasn't kicking over, and i thought i may have not made proper connections..

All the lights and indicators come on but it won't start:fish4rep::fish4rep:

Variables---

* Headlight configuration ( as in where i've put the high and low beam.. but i've since switched them around and it still wont kick over.)
*Has two bulbs, but i only know that one has 35 W. The original bulbs were 55w

*The integrated LED indicators when turned on, rapidly flash...

Everything works when the bike is on but not starting... Ive read on other post on here that i may need an LED relay or resistor...:gdogg::CK187::mad::wtf::wtf:

Kind of has that Daft Vader look hahah

·
Registered
346 Posts
Does the neutral lite come on when you put it in neutral? Check the clutch switch and the side stand switch. If one of these are faulty you won't get a even a click when you go to start it. If these are ok pull the starter motor off and put 12 v directly to it if that works move back in the circuit till you find power. Also make sure your battery is fully charged and holding a charge. Your headlight circuit and turn signal circuit have nothing to do with the bike starting so your fine there.
Rw

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
LED's will blink fast, you need to put a load equalizer on it. As stated, make sure all of your safety switches are in good working order.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks for the replies, great suggestions

So the bike is now running, and kicking over. I looked up the schematics for the bike, and followed clutch wire to the left switch block connecting with the horn. I also made sure the horn was properly connected, along with everything else.

Also the neutral light would come on, and it would click over, but then trying to get it to kick it wouldn't.

Ahh yes i have replaced the right switch block as well with a new one.

Now i have a Red FI light that comes one, but stays when the bike is on and in gear..... Any ideas on that?

Ill be picking up a LED flash relay tomorrow to stop that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I read right when it's in neutral it will turn over but It won't start correct?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

The bike does start , after fixing the clutch safety switch. What has happened now, is the red FI light comes stays on after the bike has kicked over.. In the manual it means that the ecu has not picked up one of it's connections.

Im trying to find the dealer mode wires, to tap into the ECU to find what it's not picking up.. I have the wiring diagram, for my bike but isn't at the same time.. weird i know.:CK187: The colours don't match up in some areas.

Anyway the wires im 'looking' for are not their, so im guessing the colours must be different on my bike, which is going to be a pain.:gdogg:

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply:rock: ill be looking to by pass that and the side stand switch soon....
Because the FI light is now gone * cross your fingers for good** so i don't want to mess around, i haven't ridden in a week so0 im :nuts:

Im taking it for a test ride and ill report back:excellent::letsride:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts