Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old junk revolver frame with no hope of ever being a gun again. Its a black powder 44 brass frame octagon barrel remington repop. Im thinking about putting a light bulb inside of a short piece of pipe where yhe cylinder should go and mounting the license plate to the barrel. Any ideas on rust and corrosion resistance? High carbon steel and brass....thick layers of clearcoat?

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

looks like i will be drilling and tapping the frame of the pistols grip and mounting it to the bike that way. it may be a bit much even for me. Again, iron pipe to fab up in place of cylinder which will house a light shining out onto the plate

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its kinda big and obnoxious which i tend to like, but it may be too much to tuck in the tail...but the bing to get crazy anyways, especially when the rifle rack gets hard-mounted so i guess it works.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Might wanna put an orange cap on the end. The libtards might get bent out ta shape and get their bloomers in a bind about it

·
Registered
299 Posts
It will corrode, it'll turn a orangeish/bronze after a while. But the time it'll take could be years depending on how much moisture it's exposed to. I say go for it, it's a neat idea. Where/how are you wanting to mount this at?

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Putting a small steel plate on it and mounting to swingarm. Hopefully will be completed tomorrow. So much going on with the bike now that im not sure I can get it in the june fotm contest. Im documenting this build pretty well so....

·
Registered
97 Posts
i really like this idea...I am gonna brainstorm and find other guns that might lok great or build one from scratch ...

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wires will eventually run along a Kolpin rifle boot then through the barrel of the gun, a small light is in the "in battery" position.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I love that idea. In fact i may steal your idea and somewhat make it my own later down the road if you dont mind. I would personally put it barrel down though. Looks more "usable" or realistic. But its your bike and if you love the way it looks who cares right? Thats what its all about. Makin it what you love not what others love.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts