Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sprayed my tail and my tank with PJ1 Hard Porcelain Gloss a few hours ago. It went on with a matte finish, which i thought was odd, but thought it would change as it dried. It is dry to the touch now and it is not even a semi gloss... :wtf:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
you have to put the last coat on fairly heavy. then it's glossy. it's because it's an epoxy paint, not your typical enamel.

Reactions: 929_adam

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haelo said:
Hah hah, that's funny to me for some reason.
:LolLolLolLol: Thanks a-hole, lol.

skr00zloose said:
you have to put the last coat on fairly heavy. then it's glossy. it's because it's an epoxy paint, not your typical enamel.
I used 3 cans :confused:. So if I don't put the last coat on heavy it won't come out gloss? I guess I will just order another can to spray on another coat.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, that could be. I went out there again and it has a weird semi gloss look under the flourescent, it doesn't look that bad. I have to order my PJ1 online, so I might be finishing up the buildoff with a semi gloss tank and tail.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
haelo said:
Is all PJ1 epoxy? That's what makes it true spraybomb paint huh?

as far as i know, yes. it's pretty much the same thing as appliance paint.

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
roadsterd said:
That's not the point.. I ordered gloss. It is the exact same paint that came out of the satin black cans. I am afraid to use my high heat stuff now.
Whats the temperature yoiu spray'd it in? If its too cold of a temp it'll dry with a haze.

I did the same thing last year with my tail section.. I spray'd it with gloss black and it turned out ALMOST semi gloss, but its still kinda flat. and it was mid-high 50's out

I took the same paint and spray'd somethin outside in warmer weather (low 70's) just a couple weeks ago and it worked mint.

Air temp is everything

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
spyder said:
Whats the temperature yoiu spray'd it in? If its too cold of a temp it'll dry with a haze.

I did the same thing last year with my tail section.. I spray'd it with gloss black and it turned out ALMOST semi gloss, but its still kinda flat. and it was mid-high 50's out

I took the same paint and spray'd somethin outside in warmer weather (low 70's) just a couple weeks ago and it worked mint.

Air temp is everything

i also noticed with the pj1 in particular that it almost always dries with a bit of a haze. a quick wipe with a clean cloth and maybe some honda polish (after it's dry, of course) and was nice and shiny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts