Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in october, My family always goes to FLA, and as usual I'm invited. So faced with 3 modes of transportation: Plane, car packed with family members, or my bike, its pretty obvious what I chose to go with...

Here's my route, straight down I-95s:

I'm already searching for saddlebags and a tail bag, so I'll have luggage taken care of, the only problem is that I'll have to do an oil change before heading back to Ny from Orlando (yes I'm going to fucking Disney!) So, I was wondering if we had any Orlando or Kissimmee residents on here that would be generous enough to let me use their garage/driveway/roof to bang out an oil change for 1-2 hours... Of course you'll be compensated, wether it be cash, beers, or a quick wank from a cheap hooker, but thats up to you, just let me know..

thanks in advanced,

Drew

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not do an oil change before you leave? There and back is roughly 2000 miles. Thought about making it an Iron Butt ride?
I'm kinda Ocd about my 1,500 mile intervals, and especially going long distance, I get kinda worried about putting too much stress on her especially if it doesn't have fresh oil, or maybe I worry too much?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Unless you got some sort of race bike 1500 miles is a breeze for modern oil espicially at highway speed going pretty much the same speed the whole time. Stop wasting your money. I do about 10k a year I changed my oil at 6 k and sent some out to test and It still came back in good spec(rotella t6)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
What is the longest you've ever ridden in one day? I've done about 500 miles and it kicked my ass.
Will you be doing the whole 1100 miles in one stretch, or stopping halfway?
you definitely need to build up and get some longer rides in to get used to being on the bike for so long.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
1500 miles? That's a bit excessive. I've put off changing oil for the last 2-3 month's on my Yamaha. Just cause it's only got about 3k miles since the last one. I have the filter and oil, just don't think it's needed yet.

On newer Hondas (just an example) they're doing 8k miles intervals on oil changes. YES EIGHT THOUSAND miles. Change it before u leave and don't worry about it.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Also you'll be passing pretty close to me, make a couple hour detour to Norfolk VA, I'll take u out for a beer or something.

·
Hot Sauce
210 Posts
Wooo, your butt cheeks gonna be hummin when you get to FL. I like route 3 myself simply because it avoids DC, thats aboutt he path we take when we head from Richmond to lake George in upstate NY.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,435 Posts
An oil change every 1500 miles is excessive. Your money and your bike though.

As far as 1000+ in 1 day, your butt will be sore, and you'll feel it for a week, especially if you are riding coasters at Disney.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
I agree with 1500 mile oil changes being excessive. I've come to find that my bike only gets about 3500 miles out of a rear tire. I change my oil when I change my rear tire :D

The whole iron butt thing depends on the person and what they're riding. I got lost on my bike one day and ended up putting close to 600 miles in a day. It wad a blast. Not sore at all. I had to to stop and fill up every 125 miles anyway.

Have fun. Enjoy your trip. Chillax on the oil change and be safe out there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also you'll be passing pretty close to me, make a couple hour detour to Norfolk VA, I'll take u out for a beer or something.

Haha I'll definately take you up on that offer!

What is the longest you've ever ridden in one day? I've done about 500 miles and it kicked my ass.
Will you be doing the whole 1100 miles in one stretch, or stopping halfway?
you definitely need to build up and get some longer rides in to get used to being on the bike for so long.
Most I've done was to raleigh and back around 5-600 miles rt to pick up some stuff from my ex. Mind you, that was on a lil xt225 with a front sprocket swap so I could just barely do highway speeds.... Hairy fucking ride though.
Wooo, your butt cheeks gonna be hummin when you get to FL. I like route 3 myself simply because it avoids DC, thats aboutt he path we take when we head from Richmond to lake George in upstate NY.
I'll look into taking 3, gotta stop in sc to pick up a few dozen cartons of marls.. (Thats what the saddle bags are for, cigs, not extra clothes (; )

·
DIZZLE
1,446 Posts
Took an fzr 600 from nh to Nebraska and back.. Best thing I did was take a thick water bottle straw and tie it between throttle and housing. It was enough to hold throttle in place but easily turned if needed. Saved my wrist and I could change posture, stretch, etc without wot

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts