Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up an FZR600 a while back. It was in pretty rough cosmetic shape. There had been multiple paint jobs, and I discovered them as they were sanded away.

On this tank cover, there are 4 bolt holes that seem to commonly break (after searching on eBay, and all other tanks had similar broken bolt holes). I found some plastic (soft/flexible undercarriage from a car) that I shaped and epoxied, but it didn't bond. Now I'm looking for the right/matching material this time.

Do you know what kind of plastic this is, and if I can just pick up a patch somewhere? Thanks! (I obviously know nothing about plastics :)

·
I do gooD?
720 Posts
arnt the plastics ABS? You can get ABS cement at depot or lowes in the plumbing aisle. Or you can make a paste using acetone and legos. Just cut the legos up into really small sheds and slowly add the acetone while mixing it will melt the legos and become a paste. once the acetone evaps you will be left with hard plastic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is all ABS the same grade ABS? I thought these panels I grabbed and used were ABS, but they're much softer and flexible than my tank. My tank cover seems to be pretty rigid and brittle.

Good idea. What would you put it on to dry so you could still remove it and work with it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts