Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if any of you have any ideas on a plate mount, i dont have alot of money so i think im going to have to make one, would sheet metal work or do you guys thing its too flimzy for the wind?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i saw them thanks, and i think ill try and fab up a plate mount out of some sheet metal that mounts on the swing arm. and i took the fender off my parts bike and hacked it up so its ready to go when ever i get my inspection that way i can put the other one on for next year. =p

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
you can use the predrilled kind too. And if you want signals then cut one extra hole on each end and its ready to go. I used a bolt and locknut so its not comming off. I've even just used zipties to hold my tag on before with no problems. I probably but a couple thousand miles on it with it like that too.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
i dont have a good picture but rural king here sells a universal plate mount for 1.99, it is a truck frame so its to long but if you mount the plate and fold the excess back they're perfect length for turn signal mounts, and they have a licsense light that fits perfect, just need blacked out

:mrt: pity the foo

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
2young2befast said:
i was wondering if any of you have any ideas on a plate mount, i dont have alot of money so i think im going to have to make one, would sheet metal work or do you guys thing its too flimzy for the wind?

I made this half-ass one when I first got my bike but I took it off.... You can have it if you pay for shipping..... but I made it out of a scrap piece of "metal wall stud" from a commercial job site. I used tin snips and rivets...

here's a link if you wanna just make it yourself, again, it's a cheapo route but it does work if you want that style.....

Plate Bracket How-To

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
hehe check it out, no measuring at all just a guess and I cut it perfectly. Im going to round the edges to go with the tag but for a guess at what the tag size was I was damn on!!!

and if you left one extra hole on each side you could bend the tab back and mount signals ........sweet idea and you can make a bunch from a piece of the stuff i got from home depot

and no chicken strip comments, today is the first day ive had the bike out. Im not trusting enough yet to lay it over haha

I actually have enough that if anyone wants one Ill make it for $8 shipped including the bolt and locknut :)

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I use 1/16th inch polished one side aluminum to make my plate holders for the SV's. Its easy to cut with a jigsaw, and bends in a vice, pretty easy too. Right now I grind down the edges with a dremel....but sooner or later, I hope to find a place that will waterjet them out for me.

Check them out here:

http://home.comcast.net/~dougzweb/plate.html

customer bike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts