Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
If I get a chance I'll ask my brother what exactly he did as he removed that whole setup, added a crank case breather filter below the carbs, and I think left the valve cover vents open, or he had them welded shut, can't recall exactly.

And putting a filter on the hose where it used to connect to the airbox is just fine. ;)

·
Ninja Fighter
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Waiting on some new pod filters. I ordered the wrong size they should be here by the 4th. I have the crankcase breather vent under the carbs with a filter on it now. As for the hose that came from the head the valves or what have you. I just Stretched pantyhose over the end of it where it went to the airbox and held it on with some rubber bands... :)

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
The factory style O rings should work just fine. ;)

My brother was over the other day and I asked what he did with the valve cover ventilation stuff that is related to the emissions system and he said he just took it all off and left it off when he was running pod filters.

·
Registered
740 Posts
That hose draws air to the reed valves for the exhaust air injection system. Emissions stuff, pulls fresh air into the exhaust to help any unburned fuel light off before it goes out the tailpipe. Normally there's virtually no unburned fuel, but when you add slip ons/pod filters, there is and you get a lot of decel popping from this fuel igniting inside the exhaust. The easy fix was to pull the hose off the airbox, stuff a wire nut in there, and slip it back on. Block off plates are available to actually eliminate the system, but plugging the air draw does exactly the same thing.

Putting pods on a carbed 600 will require rejetting or it's going to run like ass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts