Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CF Pitbull
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
!!ATTENTION ATTENTION MORNING UPDATE!!
I will be heading down to the vet shortly. Just got a call from Dexter's neurologist / surgeon. Dexter has been moved yet again because of him constantly breaking out of his pen. He is moving all four of his legs and getting extremely frustrated that everyone wants him to stay in one place. He is now turning his nose up at the baby food and canned chicken because he caught on to their tricks. Lol apparently he caught on to the fact that there was medication being added to his food and now will not take food from anyone. Goof ball.
I am being told that they are taking him off of the IV because he is now drinking fluids on his own. As of right now it looks like Dexter will be coming home Monday!
So begins are very very long road to recovery and my first attempt at being a 24 hour dog nurse. This should be interesting to say the least. Guess I won't be needing that gym pass being that I will be carrying around a 70 plus pound dog for the next month or so. Or at least holding him back from attempting to be his plain old goofy extremely energetic self while he heals from this surgery. Thank you all for your love, support, donations etc. Without you guys it is safe to say we would non of this would have been possible. Without you guys there is a very good possibility Dexter would have been put down.
We still have such a long road ahead of us and many many bills to be paid until everything gets back to normal. Please continue to share Dexter's story and these updates so that everyone involved can see what they had a hand in. Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.
Dan

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
!!ATTENTION ATTENTION MORNING UPDATE!!
I will be heading down to the vet shortly. Just got a call from Dexter's neurologist / surgeon. Dexter has been moved yet again because of him constantly breaking out of his pen. He is moving all four of his legs and getting extremely frustrated that everyone wants him to stay in one place. He is now turning his nose up at the baby food and canned chicken because he caught on to their tricks. Lol apparently he caught on to the fact that there was medication being added to his food and now will not take food from anyone. Goof ball.
I am being told that they are taking him off of the IV because he is now drinking fluids on his own. As of right now it looks like Dexter will be coming home Monday!
So begins are very very long road to recovery and my first attempt at being a 24 hour dog nurse. This should be interesting to say the least. Guess I won't be needing that gym pass being that I will be carrying around a 70 plus pound dog for the next month or so. Or at least holding him back from attempting to be his plain old goofy extremely energetic self while he heals from this surgery. Thank you all for your love, support, donations etc. Without you guys it is safe to say we would non of this would have been possible. Without you guys there is a very good possibility Dexter would have been put down.
We still have such a long road ahead of us and many many bills to be paid until everything gets back to normal. Please continue to share Dexter's story and these updates so that everyone involved can see what they had a hand in. Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.
Dan
you def rock mate ,mines late but onits way now.Keep postin till tha wee blokes in tha clear eh'?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts