Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TDWP
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to expose the air filters on my bandit and I like the pod filter look. Besides correct dimensions, is there anything else I should look for in buying them? And also, (I realize this may be a dumb question) but when you do have exposed filters can anything go wrong if they were to get wet if I were to get caught in rain or something? Thanks in advance

-Ben

·
263 Posts
I got Pods on my G1 B12. I had to fuck with jets for an eternity. Could never get rid of flat spot, it just moved around the RPM range with every jet change. Finally had to take it in to get it to run right. Find " holeshot performance" and some dude named Ivan they goth have jet kits for pod filter mod.

·
TDWP
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well is there a way that the chrome plastic piece can be painted or something? I am just not crazy about that mirror in the middle haha

·
Registered
705 Posts
The ones with the chrome on them....I assume you are referring to the cheap ebay emgo pieces of shit.

if havent already bought them DONT!!! they are glued together with some shit ass glue and literally fall apart while on the bike. I had two sets on my old GS before just spending the money and getting K&Ns.

they are much better quality also the cheap emgos breath so freely it makes it harder to tune on top of already being a pain in the ass anyway as where the K&N have a little more restriction and in my opinion are easier to tune with.

·
Bewbie
435 Posts
Just be prepared for work and alot of tweaking...one of the few things I'd say take to someone else to fuck with it and get it right....rain will be a factor, the filter will absorb water..also get good quality pods (not Emgo's)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Just get yourself a K&N replacement airbox filter, and chop out the rear of the airbox, effectively transforming the filter into the back of the airbox then use a Dynojet stage 1 kit upjetted by about 15% to 20%. Ideally get the bike set up on a dyno to get the jetting right.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I ran emgos all last season and no problems. Bike was jetted bad any way so actually worked better with them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts