Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Always Learning
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been working recently on fightering my 94 zx6e. Thanks Endo for being the only other zx-e fighter i could find. I've come to the conclusion that I would like to run pod filters for the extra space that the air box takes up. right now I'm just looking for advice? bad idea? good idea? any tips, I'll probably have more technical questions as the time goes on. Pics coming soon.

·
The Philosopher King
296 Posts
pods are great preformance boosters and i think they look much better then the ugly box... with that in mind you cannot just run air pods, you will need to re-jet and re-sync the carbs and possibly your valves... Air pods are loud!! so if you are trying to be polite to the neighbours i do not suggest it. other than that its all gravey

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
pods are great preformance boosters and i think they look much better then the ugly box... with that in mind you cannot just run air pods, you will need to re-jet and re-sync the carbs and possibly your valves... Air pods are loud!! so if you are trying to be polite to the neighbours i do not suggest it. other than that its all gravey
+1 you will have to re-jet the carbs with those filters. Welcome Aboard.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
You will have to rejet for sure, and I found my bike ran like crap without the airbox. I'm at a pretty high elevation too, so that didn't help, but the bike was designed with ram air and the ram air tubes were/are pressurized to keep airflow constant. My bike bogs a little at high rpm without those tubes, I may have to rig something up. I'd love to have that extra room under my tank, but I didn't want to restrict the airflow any further than I already had. Because of where they would have to be located under the tank, they'd be pretty much hidden.

I'm not saying don't do it...try it and see what happens, I too am curious. My bike is already lean at my elevation and I used the biggest jets I could get my hands on at the time, so no more fiddling until I get it on a dyno!

Good luck man! And post pics!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts