Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i found a reasonably priced Suzuki GSX600F 1995 model its run about 100 000 km,
Not perfect but close, Need new brake disks ,it shakes a little bit when braking.
Do not use any oil. Never went down. only small scratches in paint. Asking price: 2,332USD.

NOW remember i live in Norway. and most bikes 1995-1998 is about two to three times that price.

Here are the pics:

SO what do you guys think ?

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
i dont know how bike prices are over there but over 2k for a 20 year old bike is pretty high

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know how bike prices are over there but over 2k for a 20 year old bike is pretty high
Yeah, i know, thats Norway for ya, fucking environmentalist government ...
for a comparison a Suzuki gsxr 2009 model 1000cc, with 19 344 km behind it,
you'll have to pay 23485.- USD.... And for a new Honda CBR 1000RR 2013 model you'll pay 29148.- USD ...

So, from my point of view... its pretty damn cheap :p

Reactions: eatabullet

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Holy fuck I saw 3 of those on craigslist today from 89-05 all under 2k fuck a Norway

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do want to move to th US or canada for a reason :)
Maybe one glorious day :D i hope the US never become
anything like norway. Or you guy's could get the free healthcare thing....
everyone should have free healthcare in my opinion ....

But back to subject, what do you guys think about the bike, besides the Norwegian price ?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And they want to make us more like europe here...no thanks...
Acctually, europe isn't that bad, Norway are the big tax losers.
we pay taxes for everything, petrol, registratioon fees, road tax, toll, and then i also pay 36% of my monthly income too ...

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
What does a gallon of gas coast over there? Just out of curiosity

·
Registered
41 Posts
dude i will buy a bike over here and ship it to you for a small fee ofcourse but that way you could get something newer and better for a lot less......im just saying it must be cheaper to ship then to buy over there

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
dude i will buy a bike over here and ship it to you for a small fee ofcourse but that way you could get something newer and better for a lot less......im just saying it must be cheaper to ship then to buy over there
then you have to worry about the registration tariffs and taxes. Is it even legal?

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
Katanas ARE NOT as horrible as everybody makes them out to be. Fairly easy to work on, no coolant issues to worry about, no injection issues. Plenty of stuff that can be bolted on or easily adapted. Takes some creativity. The frame is ugly as sin me personally I like mine. You choice though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah you could. But the import fees will kill my budget... but im thinking make a fighter out of this one. Make it "rider friendly" and legal. And then sell it to some bloke who's lazy,for a hell of allot more.
Then ill get me some more knowledge when it comes to bikes. And i can buy something more cc happy and advanced in the future :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
One thing to consider too with that bike, with your situation, because of all the import taxes, you could be patient and sell off those fairings at a pretty hefty price. That should help your budget out. That's exactly the same bike (except 96) that I started with. It's rare to see one that was not down, so I would venture a guess that you could get some decent money over there for em.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One thing to consider too with that bike, with your situation, because of all the import taxes, you could be patient and sell off those fairings at a pretty hefty price. That should help your budget out. That's exactly the same bike (except 96) that I started with. It's rare to see one that was not down, so I would venture a guess that you could get some decent money over there for em.
Thank you for the information! I will check out what i can get for them :)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Its about 9.1 USD today.
But it'll go up a bit at the weekend. And then down on sunday.

Holy fuck no wonder you ride things without motors.

I just did a little researching and you guys in Norway make more money over there because of that a can-o-tuna costs you 2,300. So it really kinda equals out to living in the us. It just makes Us think you Norwegians are fucking loco for spending that much on a bike like that

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I make about 4000 usd a month.But i pay 36% taxes on it. So im left with like 2600 or something . And thats a pretty averege job. (I sell guns) But then again we got the offshore guys and the fishers who do about 10-20 grand a month... so some people make shitloads but most of us don't.... so when it comes to equaling out. Im still guessing you guys come out of it ahead. We pay more income tax ,road tax ,import tax , fuel tax, a vehicle tax every year. And the list keeps going.(we also have really limited collective transport except in the larger city's. Not to mention that Norway has one of the highest food prices in the world. If you want a supersize bigmac menu with chips and an extra cheese burger, be prepared to pay about 33usd (and the burger will be 2/3 the size you are used to) So no. Nothing can compare to this tax mayhem....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts