Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Post Accident Return! ('06 GSX-R600)

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Flanman3410 
#1 ·
Hey guys! So I am newish to the forum. I posted a while back regarding my previous bike I was building. It was a 2013 CBR250r cafe racer / streetfighter build. Unfortunately, two days after I finished the bike I was involved in a rear end collision which put me out of riding from April until Mid September.

But! I recovered from several spinal fractures and I am back in the riding game. This time with a new bike! Let's just say my Fiance hated that I got a new machine only 8 days after my accident while I was still in a neck and back brace and immobilized to the bed.

Preface:

My new bike is a 2006 GSX-R600. It has 10k miles on it and it was almost completely stock except for the license plate mount.

The Bike as I got it:

I started to take the bike apart as I went as I hate the sight of a stock bike. Especially a stock Gsxr. After 5 months of having it sit and the occasional ride if my back felt well enough, it ended up in this mock up frankenbike:

I started to remove the last of the plastics and made a plan as it nears the beginning of a long Wisconsin winter.

So long story short:

I currently want to get these tasks done over the next winter months (and I shall update them as I go:

-MX Bar conversion
-RFID/Keyless ignition (Or ignition relocation)
-New sprocket and chain kit setup
-Custom Shortened seat
-New paint job
-Custom subframe mockup
-Custom Dual Exhaust mufflers (One on each side *Z1000 Setup)
-Rectifier relocation bracket

I am still in the designing faze curently and therefore am just brainstorming before I do more custom fabrication.
I am looking for ideas! Anything would be considered and feedback as the build goes on is awesome!

Some pics of the bike now are attached at the bottom.

See less See more
#2 ·
I've always hated to admit how much I actually enjoyed those. Probably one of the most comfortable and easily adaptable production sport bikes. Just easy to get hooning on one. I've had a few lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Damn man that sucks! Hopefully the engine rebuild wont be too much of a burden. Yeah, Anything I take off from the bike I currently have up for sale on local craigslist and the such. If you need anything specifically, I would be willing to give it for a small fee. (Just because the parts I remove will fund this entire project. Otherwise I'd give 'em for free.)

#5 ·
So quick update on the bike:

-I have purchased a new sprocket for the bike. It is a +5 in the rear for that added torque.
-I am looking into where to place the license plate right now but what I am thinking is I will place it behind the rear wheel like ducati diavel look.

Still looking into drilling the top tripple for the risers. I might also look into redoing the wiring harness and with that I will probably do new gauges with possibly having them placed next to my gas tank somehow or near my crash cage between the bars and the engine.

Update with pictures soon!

Still waiting to hear back from a company I need to replace my rectifier with.

#7 ·

Currently where the bike sits, doing some work on it right now but we just got hit with a big snow storm so I haven't had the energy to get outside to work on the bike yet. I am trying to look into the tail section modifications right now. Threw around the idea of throwing the original tail piece on the shortened section. Just chopping the bottom part off and mounting it underneath the front seat with some bolts..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.