Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thread for those alternate engine designs you'll probably never see in a bike, but might like to. Or just for unusually cool engines in general.

Inspired by this thread. Gonna start by shamelessly ripping off Eatabullet's great links.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And adding a few of my own. Norman Hossack's take on a two stroke, using a square cylinder bore and a one piece piston / con rod.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Opposed piston opposed cylinder - another engine I've been hearing about as 'the next generation two stoke' for years.

Diesel 2 stroke that makes 300 HP, and is concievably small enough to use on a (large) motorcycle... but no reason not to scale it down a bit, especially if not diesel.

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Any extra info for those valves?

scientists still argue where im comming from

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I couldn't believe no one had put that twin engine cbx bike up, till I just saw it above, it is a sick bike.. heres my all time favorite, a 2 stroke v8.. if memory recalls they're all 500cc per piston, so a 4 liter v8 2-stroke.. those pips looks insane like gnarly horns, imagine that on the back of sand rail or something

And then of course my dream bike, the Honda nsr500, 500cc v4 2 stroke, properly tuned can make almost 200hp

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
I couldn't believe no one had put that twin engine cbx bike up, till I just saw it above, it is a sick bike.. heres my all time favorite, a 2 stroke v8.. if memory recalls they're all 500cc per piston, so a 4 liter v8 2-stroke.. those pips looks insane like gnarly horns, imagine that on the back of sand rail or something
2stroke V8 - YouTube

And then of course my dream bike, the Honda nsr500, 500cc v4 2 stroke, properly tuned can make almost 200hp
Looks like an Evinrude v8 outboard powerhead. They were only made for a few years, late 80's to mid 90's, and they weren't really that good. Really the only thing they are known for is how they inhaled fuel. We had a sportfisher with one at the marina that would empty a 75 gallon fuel tank in a little more than an hour at full tilt. Well less than 1 mpg.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts