Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
blue prints and plans are all over the internet.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
blue prints and plans are all over the internet.
so i take it you havent done a jig. and don't have a picture.

hes asking if anyone has a picture of "their own" frame jig. With subsequent tips and tricks, without trying to sell the fancy parts or plans.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
i have done a few jigs, with free plans i got of the internet

thaks for trying to be a jerk though :)

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
you mean one type of jig? Honestly, it depends on what you want to do with it. It is very easy to make a static jig with a stock frame

·
Frankenbike builder
443 Posts
I built mine from the rack off a wrecked Nissan truck. As long as you get everything super straight and true- the sky is the limit on how you want to set it up- I was really, really anal about the neck fixture, and the two bottom rails were I like to set my axle lines.

Tried to get it all in there- I don't seem to have a pic without a bike on it.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
looks good man. With a jap motor that doesnt have a seperate transmission you pretty much build around your motor mounts. Get the motor in the right position and lay out your motor mounts with a center line for reference and go from there. It is absolutley crucial that you have a known straight and true centerline, it also helps to be working on a table or jig that is level all the way around.

there is a guy showing off a jig for a bicycle, his is really simple and it works.... you could do pretty much the same thing for a motorcycle jig (scaled to the application of course)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts