Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I was gonna just paint my frame, but I found a place in PA that does it for insanely cheap. so I'm gonna check em out in the next week or two and possibly get my frame PC'd for not much more than I would have spent on a good paint.

http://www.absolutepowdercoating.com/pricelists.html

just had to tell somebody

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats why I'm gonna check em out before I do anything with them, maybe send them some small brackets to see how they turn out.... none of this will happen till winter cuz I got some BIG plans for the bike at the end of the season

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
fslflint said:
well, I was gonna just paint my frame, but I found a place in PA that does it for insanely cheap. so I'm gonna check em out in the next week or two and possibly get my frame PC'd for not much more than I would have spent on a good paint.

http://www.absolutepowdercoating.com/pricelists.html

just had to tell somebody
Call Terry at Powderworks, #717-877-4282. Best prices and quality I've seen yet..

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
thanks troy. :dito: i was going to mention him. but i know we gots us some sponsors here on the site. :D yup terry powdered all of superbeast. everything. except what was anodized and plated. and he is about 10 minutes from me. so that helps too :rock:

·
hack
729 Posts
umm, where now? just tried to look up jonestown but you guys have four of them...

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
sprbeast said:
thanks troy. :dito: i was going to mention him. but i know we gots us some sponsors here on the site. :D yup terry powdered all of superbeast. everything. except what was anodized and plated. and he is about 10 minutes from me. so that helps too :rock:

Just picked up my BMW wheels today, they look sick in black chrome..:rock:

·
813 Posts
If you go to powdercoaters that specialize in custom work for bike and cars, you will allways pay through the roof. Alot of industrial powedercoaters will work on other parts but they do not advertize. The downfall is, they do not do as many colors. I got my frame, swingarm and two complete sets of rearsets coated in low gloss black for $300. His work is industrial quality and his ovens are cranked up over 400 degrees. It is just an FYI if you want to get basic colors and do a little searching.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
i powder stuff at work and we have the cheap hotcoat gun. i think the kits runs $99 right now at eastwood. For the price of powder(about $8-10 worth for a frame) you can get into it yourself. The oven is the expensive part. The biggest part i can do is a rim. but if you want to add a little more investment for around $200-$300 you can get some IR lights and you can bake anything in stages.

I dont reccomend using your oven in your kitchen, its kinda messy. if you pick up an old one, then it will work just fine. I baked these rims at 450degrees for about 25-30mins.

·
127 Posts
reviving a dead thread here.....

is it necessary to remove all the bearings from wheels, swingarm and the frame? or can you just tape them off?

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
best to remove them. otherwise the grease in them basically cooks into a nasty hard black mess..... then you gotta take em out anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts