Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ZX-6R Fighterer
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Mike. Can't wait either.

My first question for you guys is regarding the new plates for the tail I hope to make. I'm going to raise it maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. This will make the flow of the bike look much better.

I'm sure that raising the height of the plates will also increase the angle of the gas tank and might completely throw off the alignment with the seat. Will that happen? And how could I pinpoint the new drill holes so I can get a good alignment?

Need to get this planned out so I'm not going into this in the dark.

·
ZX-6R Fighterer
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Time to get this thread rollin'. Do you guys have any tips for maintaining the finish on the headers? Steve how do you keep the pipes on your bike looking so clean? Are they stainless or something?

I don't want them going back to the ugly brown, rusty color that was there before. Need some advice in this department.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
They do look much better now steel instead of black.

Unless you're going to switch them for stainless i think you just have to keep on top of cleaning and polishing.

·
ZX-6R Fighterer
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shit missed your post cookie lol. I had a thought about that, but they do look a lot better than matte black. Bought a brass wire brush to help with that. Looked at them yesterday and looks like I'm going to have give them a polish soon.

I did see a set of stainless steel Motad pipes on ebay. They're $500+ so I won't be picking them up.

In other news finally bought some aluminum that will be used for new plates and a rear shock for the new arm. Still need to get the knuckle and dog bones, but it's a start. I've got some videos that need to be edited, but I'll try and get them up.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts

Have you got the headers tied in somewhere toward the back or are they just mounted at the header studs? Might be an idea just to stop the weight hanging on just them.

·
ZX-6R Fighterer
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you got the headers tied in somewhere toward the back or are they just mounted at the header studs? Might be an idea just to stop the weight hanging on just them.
As of the time I left they are just hanging by the header studs. I was thinking of making bracket that could mount to either the bracket where the shock knuckle connects to the frame or bolt it to the old bolt hole that the OEM headers bolted to. All though that might not work out.

I've been thinking about the design of the bracket, but I'm not sure if I can mount it to the exhaust clamp somehow or just run a bracket to support the bottom of the headers. But I'm thinking the latter will not work. I'm open to suggestions on this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts