Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy likes streetfighters, but he tells me that they kind of suck for going fast...no fairings...no aerodynamics...wind kicks your ass.

i love going fast soOoOo when or what speed does this become a problem, and how bad is it?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
about 80 but if your not a pussy it should bother you..lol

he is right about the aerodynamics though...thats why i top out at 160...150ish with current gearing...but htas plenty fast for me

·
NorthEast Streetfighters
473 Posts
im not a pussy i hit 160 is with no fairings in jeans and a t and it hurt i dont care who u are i take a lot of pain but the skin on your arms hurts when u do that for more than a minute..... with db bars its hard to get into the bike like u can on a fully. maybey wit clipons and a smaller screen you would be fine

·
117 Posts
yea its not such a big deal for me but it does become noticable riding on highways for more than a few minutes. the only thing that bothers me it kinda pushes your head back without a windscreen

·
Registered
8 Posts
just fightered my r1 and gone out for the first ride.doesn't feel too bad,lot comfier and easier too see what's going on around you whilst on the road.decided to fighter it after riding it in sports trim for two years,but the bike didn't really feel like it was working unless you were doing over 120 mph and the wind took some of the weight off my wrists,was waiting for a speeding fine to come through the post after every ride,over here in the u.k. the police have gone speed camera and gun crazy.so i decided to fighter it and bring the fun down to a lower speed,now the bike feels awesome upto 120 mph,and definately brings out the hooligan in me,reminds me of riding a yamaha 350 lc back in my youth,but with 150 bhp. i would of sold my grandmother for this at 17.only downside so far,just feels a bit twitchy and very light on the front,so gonna play with suspension set up,now there's not so much weight over the front to see if i can get some feel back and probably source a steering damper to avoid any slappers.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i found out for myself. over 100 starts gettin a little windy. i was doing about 120 for the distance between 2 exits, and i was pretty sure that my leather coat was acting as a parachute and i was going to fly off the back. hah.

i only weigh 170-180 mbe thats a factor.

guess i'll be sticking to the 6ooRR for my highway fun.:D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe youve got a better stance than us?! or your real heavy so wind doesnt faze you?? do you wear full gear?

i only did it a time or two, but i know above 120 my leather was pulling at my neck, and i didnt really like it.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
Re: problems being naked?-
the cops keep arrresting me:LolLolLolLol:

but ive done 260kph on the zx and it stated to pull me a bit at about 240

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
240kph = 149 mph :D

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
929_adam said:
maybe youve got a better stance than us?! or your real heavy so wind doesnt faze you?? do you wear full gear?
I don't reakon the stance is any diffrent to most peoples and i only weigh 11 and a half stone (i think thats about 75 kilos) i reackon its mostly down to my screen i've fitted it's a little bigger than a lot of screens you find on fighters, i had to fitt it when i built the bike cos i love going fast everywhere :D

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I haven't riden a bike without fairings for probably 10 years or more.
I noticed a big difference wit my fighter over 80 mph, I can feel the wind the radiator and my upper body takes.

The bigest thing I'm trying to get used to is wheelying the thing. I am so used to havin that fairing up infront of me now I'm starin at my tire and the forks :confused:

Slower it's nothing, but bringing it up at 55-80mph is weird for me though I'm not bringing it up to bp on the highway :nuts:

I have no idia how many stones i weigh ???????

I also seem to steer with the bars more on my fighter :Stupid:

·
Registered
29 Posts
No doubt after 80mph, it feels like someone is pushing back on my shoulders.

@ 100mph, ram air & aerodynamics kick in on 600's & they start passing you :(

@ 130mph, my Z is still pulling, but by then... I lost the damn draft :mad:

@ 150mph, *&#$%@&@*^$%#^!!!! :wtf:

But then you pull over & take a look at how tough a SF looks parked & I no longer give a ratts ass about top end. My bitch soaks up the twisties with the best of them & that is where the real fun is for me anyways...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
racerraul said:
My bitch soaks up the twisties with the best of them & that is where the real fun is for me anyways...
+1 million! :metal: i love hangin off a fighter thru the curvies! :rock:

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
929_adam said:
+1 million! :metal: i love hangin off a fighter thru the curvies! :rock:
ya so do i,my g/f buell is sah-weet
hehehehe i get to ride a buell all i want :LolLolLolLol: ......and i dont have to pay for it boooyyyyyaaaahhhh:rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats a good deal. :D i want to ride one of those someday dammiT!

·
Registered
387 Posts
929_adam said:
thats a good deal. :D i want to ride one of those someday dammiT!
They're a wicked bike mate, both the S and the R... just make sure you ride an XB12 cause the XB9 is unbelievably gutless.

Cruise down to NZ and I'll hook you up with a ride ;)

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2much said:
They're a wicked bike mate, both the S and the R... just make sure you ride an XB12 cause the XB9 is unbelievably gutless.
of course man...i dont ride little bikes (unless i have no choice)

2much said:
Cruise down to NZ and I'll hook you up with a ride ;)
arite great! :D im on my way :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.