Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I'm here to squeeze in my 07 kawi 650R as an attempt to retro cafe her. Now I've been on this quest for what I'd say " way to Fucken long " lol... Anyways there's a long ass story to this but I'll just post up some of the progress.

Back when she was all covered up.

Let the undressing begin !!!

MORE TO COME! Soon...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Interested good luck with the build

·
Registered
269 Posts
Very interested. I have the same bike! I debated it a couple times... never really got the space/time to tear it down and build it up. I didn't want just stripped fairings... wanted it to look intentional.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.... I had so many photos a while back ago, but my lap top took a shit on me. So Im doing all this through my phone, i lost so many progress shots in my laptop. Anyways I still got a few in my phone and a few more to take. Here's another one I found. Btw the bike is a bit further along, I will get more photos up.

Btw CtotheQ I really like where your build is going. I actually had to take your idea on the ducati monster seat. I'm just waiting on the seat to arrive. :)

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Subscribed, I really like these bikes as a platform to build on!
Can't wait to see where this heads...

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Those headlight brackets are SWEET. Would you consider making me a set? Anyways the levers look OK, better than when they were full length however they look really plain. The aftermarket ones look so much nicer and really make the handlebar area POP. Also you dont need to spend more than $25 on a pair. I've been running the cheap $25 knockoffs from Ebay for a while and they're great. Ive had zero issues with mine. Not all ebay levers are the same though. Some have a better quality finish than others and the cheaper finishes DO fade after a while. Red turns pink, nah mean?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those headlight brackets are SWEET. Would you consider making me a set? Anyways the levers look OK, better than when they were full length however they look really plain. The aftermarket ones look so much nicer and really make the handlebar area POP. Also you dont need to spend more than $25 on a pair. I've been running the cheap $25 knockoffs from Ebay for a while and they're great. Ive had zero issues with mine. Not all ebay levers are the same though. Some have a better quality finish than others and the cheaper finishes DO fade after a while. Red turns pink, nah mean?
I can try to get you a set of these brakets. Lately, I haven't had the chance to run the Cnc router at my work. But when I get the chance, I'll jump on.

Yea I hear a few good and bad things about those ebay levers. But to be honest, out of all the aftermarket pieces for bikes, levers are one thing I'd pay good money, for safety reasons . But only if I plan to ditch the stocks. But thanks for the advise.

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
I can try to get you a set of these brakets. Lately, I haven't had the chance to run the Cnc router at my work. But when I get the chance, I'll jump on.

Yea I hear a few good and bad things about those ebay levers. But to be honest, out of all the aftermarket pieces for bikes, levers are one thing I'd pay good money, for safety reasons . But only if I plan to ditch the stocks. But thanks for the advise.
If it puts your mind at ease a bit more, even the cheapest knock offs are still like T6 Alu so no need for a huge concern in the safety department.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I totally understand where you're coming from with safety and eBay parts but honestly you gotta ask yourself what you're getting. There's so little parts to them. They're basically just chunks of solid aluminum. I would not have bought them or endorsed them to anyone if I though they were unsafe in any respect. Ythe only thing you have to worry about is some of them fade, that's it. Think about It this way, you can save over $1000 buying eBay levers and put that money towards something else.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea I understand, maybe I'll try some out. I can't say how safe my fork and headlight braket designs are gonna fan out. Lol

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Nice work on the brackets!
Freaking clean... Fender is looking good too man...

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
I'll be watching this for ideas.
Also, what forks did you use?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts