Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Racer
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I am starting with. Got to hear engine run < big plus for a new project. It has been sitting. The guy who owned it was Murdered during a house invasion gone bad. I guess they thought a Limo company owner would be holding stacks of cash. I had bought it just for the engine to begin with from his brother. After making decision to finishing up my DragBike Racing for good I needed new project .
. I had to start some were, needed a oil cooler cover I made up some templates
and had my buddy Gary weld it up< will be doing all the Alum weld on this deal >i suck at Alum.
. And this is going under a modified gas tank < no sump
. I needed some mufflers/megaphones < very good friend Tom pass away years ago and I ended up a few things to belong to him . And hung on too them the Cones were one of the few.
Now i need make up my mind on what left over DragBike Parts i want to incorporate in this bike, The Starter side cover has a #26/28 nut and plug for quick access to the crank, makes for easy engine roll over during valve adjustments and so on . And also quick access clutch cover< this cover came out a bit higher than I wanted and I used a second one I made on My DragBike
I made some new foot peg brackets a little lower and a little farther back
Got to have a headlight bucket and some bars also
I took about 2 1/2 inches out of the tank for a lower profile
I went to Cone Engineering and picked up a pile of U-Bends for the pipe/header build, so I will post up some photo's of the pipe/pipes when I have some thing to show.

·
Super Moderator
3,080 Posts
Good work so far!

I thought about running that early Gs1100 front light setup before finally deciding on a Zrx unit for my '89 Gsxr750.

Later, Doug

·
Racer
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This what I let go, to a new home.
And this is what I built out of left over SuperComp bike parts . Turbo GS1100 Makes a few more ponies than stock. But can't do a whole lot of riding with a bum back on this. But it was fun see a vision through to the finish .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts